...And a large Coke. GEC 97 Thread!

4otH6lI.jpg

I’m in for an ebony.

Seems that this run will be available for quite a while after the run is complete, or am I mistaken about the popularity of this pattern? I don’t see the same buzz around this pattern as say the mustang, TC/NF Barlow’s, Washington Jack, etc...in other words, I’m not sure early reserve is necessary for this one...none the less it’s the first GEC pattern of 2019 that I find irresistible. (Got my early reserve in;)).

GEC is making a lot of them, partly because it takes a lot of set-up both for a new pattern, AND a big one. I suspect we won't see them again for a long while, so they want to build a bit of a supply.
I too like Ebony on that pattern. I ordered more than one from the Oregon Knife Club!

Is it possible to use some kind of actual glass, like recycled pop bottles? That would be cool, a translucent glass cover in light green?

Sawcut would be fine with me.

There was a picture floating around of two knives, not sure where it ended up. My preferred knife would be the sabre ground blade with double pulls with ebony handles but it looks like its not to be.

Yellow Rose and Beavertail pre-ordered for me. These will be sweet! Might have to pick up an ebonyif time and funds permit.

I am excited about the lineup of #97's, especially with the Northfield yellow rose. I just wish it had a flat ground blade instead of the saber grind. Perhaps a re-grind will be in order...

I am excited about the lineup of #97's, especially with the Northfield yellow rose. I just wish it had a flat ground blade instead of the saber grind. Perhaps a re-grind will be in order...

A lot of people are poo pooing the saber grind, but GEC executes them very well! Not to mention how excited I am to see another double pull. I knew I had to snag one as soon as I saw the rendering.

The best course of action is to buy a Northfield and a Tidiuote and swap blades.

Make no mistake - I will buy a yellow rose, sabre grind and all (provided they do not sell out first). I have been mulling over whether to buy one Northfield and one Tidoute or two Northfields, one of which will be modified. Decisions, decisions.

Back