...And a large Coke. GEC 97 Thread!

upload_2019-2-11_18-49-40.jpeg
“#97 Tidioute, Allegheny, fitting the Maroon Linen Micarta to scales.”

Anyone else notice this caption? I wonder what the “Allegheny” is about. I know there’s an Allegheny Knife Works, but I don’t think they’re tied to GEC.

View attachment 1071561

Anyone else notice this caption? I wonder what the “Allegheny” is about. I know there’s an Allegheny Knife Works, but I don’t think they’re tied to GEC.
Here's a bit of information that might be relative.
Tidioute is a borough in Warren County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 792 at the 2000 census. The name is an Iroquoian word meaning "protrusion of land", referring to a sharp bend in the Allegheny River.

now thats a knife! ive always had an on and off fancy for coke bottle knives, so im on the hook for one atm

On the pilot run of a pattern, how many recieve the PPP mark? Is it a certain number, or all of the Tidioites?

I think these will look great, but they're just not my style. I'm sure my mind could change as we see more photos though.

I do think a pale jade smooth bone (to resemble an empty bottle) would look really cool.

That would be very cool.

A lot of people are poo pooing the saber grind, but GEC executes them very well! Not to mention how excited I am to see another double pull. I knew I had to snag one as soon as I saw the rendering.

I am also a big fan of the saber grind and double pull. Makes it really look like an old coke bottle pattern to me.

View attachment 1071561

Hmm, I like it. I grew up fishing the Allegheny closer to Titusville, but now live on the Allegheny near Pittsburgh. I guess I have to get one!

I also have now found out that the Allegheny Mountain Knife Collectors Association club knife for 2019 will be the #97 but I don't know which handle material yet.

I can only wish for a saber ground double pull ebony........

Looks like Autumn Gold Jigged Bone for the 97 Tidioute
IMG_7402.jpg

So, am I the only one here that is mildly disappointed that at least some of these #97s aren't going to be liner locks?

This would’ve been a good choice for a locking blade, for sure. I have high hopes for something unexpected to come out of this run, though.

Back