.....and down the rabbit hole we go

That's awesome, John. I'm looking forward to what you come up with.

I got a burner from Atlas a couple years ago and made a little forge from a mail box. Never got real serious with it, though.

7z47qL5h.jpg

Great idea, that's perfect. I don't have a plan, I just want to see where things go with it. I was found to make a small pocket scribe first but the knife just kind of happened.

Rabbit hole is right... :eek:

And maybe a good way to heat the shop in the winter months. ;)

That was my 1st guess :rolleyes:, but your spoiler alert clues John were so obvious that I thought you were deliberately setting us off the track :confused:. I wondered out loud to myself - "He must surely already have one - how else is he heating his Hot Pockets?" o_O

Oh well, you fooled me with your transparency. :D Now where is the little blade I keep hearing about?

Ray

I'm a stock removal guy and use an electric kiln for heat treat. Other than a couple of hooks and guards this is my first forging.
IMG_20180225_210232.jpg
I don't really plan on forging blades, just another creative outlet kind of thing.

Heat treat it and see what happens, I wouldn't think you would burn all the carbon out that easily.

Project #2, from s week or so back. (This is what I wanted to do first, but the knife just kinda happened).

A little pocket scribe with a hardened tip, it's pretty handy for a lot of things in the shop.
IMG_20180308_203920_670.jpg

Yeah see - I could use one or two of those ^. Nice John - real nice :thumbsup:

They look like they have potential as shop throwing darts when you are on idle or in a planning frame of mind. :)

Ray

Lol, it's actually pretty handy for all kinds of layout. Nice to have on my shop apron. If I make more, I'll send you one.

I'm always looking for cool marlin spikes. That would be among the coolest I've seen. I need one.

Get me some dimensions and examples and I'll see what I can do. It would need to be a bit stouter than this.

Lol, it's actually pretty handy for all kinds of layout. Nice to have on my shop apron. If I make more, I'll send you one.

I would be most pleased and honored - kind of the next version of Redmeadow cow bells - kind of o_O
It would be well used in my shop. Thanks John.

Ray

Get me some dimensions and examples and I'll see what I can do. It would need to be a bit stouter than this.
I actually need one for small jobs. I have some full sized ones for rope but I am a master at unintentional knots in all sizes of line. I can take two steps after a shoe comes untied and the lace can be tied in a gordian knot.

I would be most pleased and honored - kind of the next version of Redmeadow cow bells - kind of o_O
It would be well used in my shop. Thanks John.

Ray
I'll give it a go and get one your way.
John, you opened up
a whole 'nuther can of Cow Bell! :D

View attachment 864968
That's what I was afraid of!!! Some itches just have to be scratched.
I actually need one for small jobs. I have some full sized ones for rope but I am a master at unintentional knots in all sizes of line. I can take two steps after a shoe comes untied and the lace can be tied in a gordian knot.
Would an eyelet or a hook on the end be better than the pocket clip? A little hook might be handy for pulling lengths out of a knot.

Would an eyelet or a hook on the end be better than the pocket clip? A little hook might be handy for pulling lengths out of a knot.
I like the way you think. A little hook would be a great tool.

Back