Angle Cube Recommendation

So couple months ago my old Angle Cube crapped out and I purchased a new one.

Not happy with the new one (Stead &Fast Angle Finder) as it is hit or miss when zeroing out but the most annoying thing is when trying to find the correct angle (Hapstone R2 using the fine tune adjuster) the angle reading is consistently DELAYED. I usually have to give it 5-10 seconds for the reading. Because of this delay, I have adjusted the fine tune adapter too much in either direction.

Do any of you have one that is extremely sensitive and would give me a quicker reading? Thanks.

000Robert

Gold Member
My Klein 935DAG has been working great for over a year now. I love it! But it only has a magnetic bottom and not on the sides of it like some do.

I got the Gritomatic cube when I purchased the R2, so far no complaints. Wixey is probably the most mentioned one while perusing the interwebs. The Klein is highly rated on Amazon. I made my living using Klein hand tools and would have no reservations about getting their angle cube.

I got the Gritomatic cube when I purchased the R2, so far no complaints. Wixey is probably the most mentioned one while perusing the interwebs. The Klein is highly rated on Amazon. I made my living using Klein hand tools and would have no reservations about getting their angle cube.
Since I know you have the fine tuner as well, is it a smooth transitions when changing angles or is there a delay?

What little bit I’ve used it, no complaints. What I have noticed, and it’s probably user error, is a slight binding of the pivot assembly while adjusting fine tuner. I find myself pushing down on the pivot to make sure it’s seated on top of fine tuner and not binding on the vertical rod. TBH, if I hadn’t purchased the cube in a bundle from Gritomatic I most likely would have got the Klein (or maybe Wixey).

gordyt

Gold Member
I have a "GemRed 82412 Mini Digital Level Angle Gauge" and it works very well. No delays.

pcmunson

Gold Member
Basic Member
I've tried others and I prefer the Klein. The display shows instant update and is easier to read that most others.

Update: After more research, I decided to go with the Wixey and loving it so far. It’s easy to zero out and there is no delay and pretty sensitive.

I almost want to get the Klein to compare…