Anil and Lachhu Karda

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
Bawanna made the most beautiful handle on those knives, thank you Bawanna

9.5 inch 7 ounce Kumar Karda by Anil. Elk horn handle. I found a sheath fits this knife. Add to your Karda collection at $125.

wn2A98h.jpg

JUpBiQO.jpg

Otd4NR4.jpg

9 inch 6 ounce Kumar Karda by Lachhu. Spotted maple wood handle. Make your own sheath at $75. *SOLD*

G3J6j3q.jpg

mOT4saW.jpg

DGFTIdA.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order one or both
First come first served

Last edited:
FYI- Both these knives were full tang but they were just too short even for my small hands, so I inlaid the full tang into the wood. Both are stabilized burls so should hold up well and quite pretty. Probably more oil applied would make them really sing.

Bawanna? Beautiful, just beautiful work on your part. Wonderful stock selection and masterful finishing by you.

No matter what Steeley says;), I think you are an outstanding example of craftsman and human being.

FYI- Both these knives were full tang but they were just too short even for my small hands, so I inlaid the full tang into the wood. Both are stabilized burls so should hold up well and quite pretty. Probably more oil applied would make them really sing.

I received the Lachu Karda. Can't say enough good things about it. I love Lachu's blade. This is very sharp. Perfect slicing geometry. Great handle Bawanna! The pictures don't do it justice. Must be seen in real life to appreciate fully. If the problem before was not fitting properly in the hand, that problem has been remedied. So comfortable and controllable. Carved a scrap of wood into a smooth toothpick in seconds. I will be using this for everything from opening mail, to making marshmallow sticks, to skinning squirrels, to stirring my coffee and buttering toast.

I blued the blade as is my custom for blades I will use a lot.

Used some wood wax and a buffing wheel on the handle. It looks otherworldly.

A picture in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. I will try to get a sheath made for her and post a picture when I do. I love it Bawanna! Thanks for your work on this one.

Back