Announcing the NEW 381 Aller Fumee!

I checked my email this morning and saw the announcement for the 381 Aller Fumee and at some point I wondered, "what will that Cypress guy say about this?". I wasn't disappointed haha
Yea, I get a kick out of that guy. He's pretty funny. I like him because he speaks his mind and seems like a straight shooter. I wish I could have a beer with him one day. Lol.

Hmmmm, I hope Benchmade sells a bunch of them but they won’t be selling one to me. I have no use for that knife.

Another thing I learned from threads like this one is that the Benchmade rep here is not too thin-skinned, which is great:thumbsup: Wish the KAI rep was a bit like this.

Exactly! I suspect that 99.9% of Benchmade’s customers aren’t on forums like this one. I’m pretty sure that they understand their market well and ultimately get the last laugh.

I think people here think Cypress Cypress is a Benchmade Troll at times. He's not. He's a fan and when Benchmade rolls out a good design and stops using terms as premium and super premium when referring to s30v and anything not s30v he won't post negatively. Dude rocks a 550HG daily for work and uses it. Loves it even. He has been around these forums for years and was one of the first guys I saw on here.

With that being said Jimmy is in a tough spot. He's a cool guy and takes some flack for things that for sure aren't his decision. He's good people and I like him quite a bit. Benchmade Benchmade

Honestly, I use to wave my imaginary fist at Cypress Cypress in these threads....now he's pretty much saying the same damn things I want to say. This year overall has resulted in me selling almost 20 BMs including all my limited ones, and expanding to other brands. I am now focused more on finding a good knife from multiple brands than hording BMs.

As for this design, it's terrible and pointless, but I guess someone out there wants this or they wouldn't make it.

Last edited:
I think people here think Cypress Cypress is a Benchmade Troll at times. He's not. He's a fan and when Benchmade rolls out a good design and stops using terms as premium and super premium when referring to s30v and anything not s30v he won't post negatively. Dude rocks a 550HG daily for work and uses it. Loves it even. He has been around these forums for years and was one of the first guys I saw on here.

With that being said Jimmy is in a tough spot. He's a cool guy and takes some flack for things that for sure aren't his decision. He's good people and I like him quite a bit. Benchmade Benchmade

Thanks BMC. Back at you!

Now, if I could just get someone at Benchmade to make a clean (swedge-free) full flat grind, 3" drop point folder with G10 scales.....

Can Benchmade produce a single shred of evidence that anyone on the entire planet asked for this to exist?
I asked them for it and they made them. I have the First Production Run Lucky #7 of 500. Awesome tool. Beautifully executed. Tight tolerances.

I mean wouldn't the designer of this knife have been the one to ask? Not my cup of tea, but doesn't mean someone doesn't think it will work.
I’m a knife knut, a beer and bourbon drinker, and a cigar smoker. This blade kills three birds with one stone. The Pry bar is an added nice touch as well.

Back