Announcing the NEW 535BK-1902 BladeHQ Exclusive Bugout!

Speaking of which... This is a quote from the BHQ product page:

"This all black finished knife is a limited edition model, and it's only available at Blade HQ!"

An "Exclusive" run, or a sprint run can be repeated as many times as the manufacturer and the dealer want to keep selling them, but a "Limited Edition" has to be limited to a certain number. If they can make more of them, it's not limited. Anyone know how many of these were produced? Or is it really not a "Limited Edition"?

Well after much deliberation. I cancelled my order. I picked up another bugout locally for much less and modded it and dyed the scales black.

While I don’t mind honest wear on a working tool I just haven’t had good luck with blade coatings other than DLC.

My last few Benchmades with black blades looked like crap after just a few months of carrying with limited use.

TXPO

Speaking of which... This is a quote from the BHQ product page:

"This all black finished knife is a limited edition model, and it's only available at Blade HQ!"

An "Exclusive" run, or a sprint run can be repeated as many times as the manufacturer and the dealer want to keep selling them, but a "Limited Edition" has to be limited to a certain number. If they can make more of them, it's not limited. Anyone know how many of these were produced? Or is it really not a "Limited Edition"?

I actually talked with them yesterday and they said they had thousands of them in stock. So not sure how limited it will be. They still have them in stock this morning

TXPO

I really like this all black edition and I was tempted to finally try out a Bugout, but since BladeHQ is an absolute b*tch to order from as a European I guess I'll have to pass on this one.

I actually talked with them yesterday and they said they had thousands of them in stock. So not sure how limited it will be.

Probably limited to 5-10 thousand. :D Benchmade has to make a lot of them or they’d be a lot more expensive.

That’s fine with me, as long as the one I get operates fairly smoothly. And just for the record, not all of us enjoy taking knives apart to strop the bushings. I don’t care if the blade is a little off center as long as the axis lock is smooth. For $140 that’s the least we can expect.

Mine arrived today. Blade centered and sharper than any Benchmade I have owned out of the box. A little stiff, but it will break in fine. My first Bugout. Impressed for what it is.

I bought a blue bugout a few weeks ago and returned it for a refund (not BHQ) because the axis lock was grinding and sticky enough to hurt when opening with one finger.

I ordered a black one as a replacement and It just arrived. Axis lock is pretty smooth, the way it should be, blade was centered and easy to deploy. It’s still too stiff to flip back in every time, but that will loosen up. I was very disappointed with the first one, but I’m very happy with this one.

EDIT: Well, I’m not the most patient guy in the world so I loosened the pivot screw a fraction and now it’s drop-shut and still no blade play. Very nice!

Last edited:
I would be in for one with a more exotic type steel. Until then my poor mans Black one will suffice.

oqkPz7t.jpg

TXPO

My son ordered one with his iPhone, while we were on vacation last week, no issues placing the order. The knife arrived yesterday, perfectly centered blade and a darn nice knife overall. This was my first look at a Bugout in person. I really like it for what it is, a great edc knife. I will be ordering a Bugout this week for myself. Nice job Benchmade and BHQ.

Back