Another exploratory trip, found something this time

Thank you for this. Really enjoy all of your adventures and appreciate you sharing along with the epic narrative! :thumbsup:

Brilliant stuff mate as usual !!! Gold Rush areas are always a bit interesting !!!!! Where i grew up there was lots of mining to the east back in the day. A couple of the properties I hunt wont let people go into a couple of areas (i am allowed as I have been going there since I was a teenager) as there are too many uncovered vertical shafts still. I WILL NOT walk out of there at night as even though I know most of them if you go down one it's over. Love those little leeches we get the same stripped one's up in the New England area as well !!!

Now about that ASH. You made the mistake of only working with the lower levels guys, I have bought middle and upper management off...they will be over to seize it for "further examination" shortly.... :D :D :D As an experiment....go lay it in your backyard tonight and then check on it in the morning....I guarantee that it will have moved several metres toward Sydney all by itself. That is a naturally occurring phenomenon... you can't fight it...!!!

I am off bush myself on Friday for a week..... :D Just bought another Landcruiser on the weekend (that is going to seriously curb my knife buying for a bit) to help facilitate such adventures !!! As soon as I am home from that trip go in for surgery so I can properly enjoy my time in the outdoors again and become less "murdery" in general !!!

As other's have said...you do a great job documenting our beautiful country !!!! But don't do too good a job or this lot will all want to visit .... :D ;)

Now about that ASH. You made the mistake of only working with the lower levels guys, I have bought middle and upper management off...they will be over to seize it for "further examination" shortly.... :D :D :D As an experiment....go lay it in your backyard tonight and then check on it in the morning....I guarantee that it will have moved several metres toward Sydney all by itself. That is a naturally occurring phenomenon... you can't fight it...!!!
. :D ;)

I knew my BG ASH1's were farther "south" under the bed than where I left them.

Do you have any idea why so many trees seem like the bark is stripped away a few feet from the ground and up?

They're eucalypts and have smooth bark above and rough bark at the bottom (called a stocking). When the rough bark peels away in big streamers on some species they are called stringybarks.

..... not sure of the exact spot my fellow Aussie was exploring but yes, there will be some Kangaroos/Wallabys and I am guessing some deer. There are snakes EVERYWHERE here. Not sure if I mentioned it in another thread but I did the snake dance on my front stairs at home here in suburbia a couple of weeks ago.... little bastage was catching some rays when I came out in shorts and no shoes...I had to wait him out for another half hour to send him onto snake heaven, I will say that I never kill snakes in the bush - live and let live, they do a great job of keeping down vermin, but I wont tolerate them around my house, my pups mean too much to me (albeit they killed the last snake in the yard).

I knew my BG ASH1's were farther "south" under the bed than where I left them.
.....yes.....it just happens..... cosmic forces and such.... ;) :D

Thanks for sharing. Pictures are wonderful.

Any animals in that area ? Snakes ?

Lot's of possums, gliders, wallabies, antechinus, the occasional quoll, drop bears, yowies. I learned long ago to stomp my way through the bush... the snakes feel the vibrations and scoot off... usually.

Actually I discovered I can use that ASH for navigation if I forget a compass... it always seems to turn until it is pointing towards Sydney :D

Awesome stuff! Thanks for sharing

Just on:
Take note other Aussies, I had to bribe customs in Sydney not to redirect this to Andy!!
Does Sydney custom put on hold an Ash1?? It’s not a double blade, why would they?

Awesome stuff! Thanks for sharing

Just on:
Take note other Aussies, I had to bribe customs in Sydney not to redirect this to Andy!!
Does Sydney custom put on hold an Ash1?? It’s not a double blade, why would they?

Well no, they make it through just fine, it's just that Andy the Aussie then steals them all. Then you have to raid his compound and fight your way through his vicious dogs to retrieve them. Easier to just bribe customs with a couple of boxes of sausage rolls.

Wow !!! Just Wow !!! Great read and awesome pics !! Thank you for sharing all this :)

I’ve heard of the fog thing, but only in passing, from old mines in southern IL. Basically the caves atmosphere can be so different from the outside, that someone walking in can actually effect the balance. I’m guessing you would find a lot more cool shit if you weren’t in a rainforest, where the humidity and forest can swallow everything.

What an awesome adventure! Did you have a GPS or did you "pin" that area with your phone so you can go back? I'm sure there's gold in them thar hills!

Modern equipment like metal detectors can go a long way towards tracking some down. I feel there wouldn't have been all that work if they wouldn't have found SOMETHING!

Here's to hoping you find one of those $100K nuggets!

They're eucalypts and have smooth bark above and rough bark at the bottom (called a stocking). When the rough bark peels away in big streamers on some species they are called stringybarks.

I would have figured it was the drop bears or yowies that caused that. Good to know it’s just natural for that species of tree.

Back