Another lockup question...

Hi folks

just got a brand new large sebenza 31. I’ve not had a sebbie in years and my first 31.

the lockup is quite a bit later than any of my other non-sebbie knives. It’s super solid, no wiggle, no rock.

I snapped a pic of the lock face.

thoughts? Just use it and move on? Or does this look to be in need of addressing?

thanks folks

Brett

Attachments

• CDC748A9-626F-4A48-A686-3BE35D5450A1.jpeg
    CDC748A9-626F-4A48-A686-3BE35D5450A1.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 139
Can you post a photo of the lock bar "contacting" the blade? That does look late but not terrible though I'd assume the lock bar is very close to the non lock side scale. I'd say use it and if it moves anymore up an uncomfortable area, send it in. Some people with lock up that far say it never moved after that.

Thanks for the reply

Attachments

• EE786A0A-C626-4804-86DB-511306FE773A.jpeg
    EE786A0A-C626-4804-86DB-511306FE773A.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 119
  • E0F27C86-B3E2-4BF2-B0CB-B7DD98552CAB.jpeg
    E0F27C86-B3E2-4BF2-B0CB-B7DD98552CAB.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 124
Thanks so much!! I’m just gonna user her and enjoy her then.

thanks for taking the time to reply.

brett

I'd be happy with that to be honest. I don't see anything wrong with it. I doubt it'll move much if it all over its life.

I'd be happy with that to be honest. I don't see anything wrong with it. I doubt it'll move much if it all over its life.
Agreed. That ceramic ball isn't going to budge much farther than that across the tang face I'd bet. Nice solid lockup - I'd use it.

"Set it .....and forget it! "

If like you said its solid no wiggle. Use it!

If you are concerned about it, you can always email CRK directly and get their opinion to solidify any concerns you may have. Always nice to have that "piece of mind" directly from the mother ship.

Looks good to go. If the lock bar isn’t making contact with the show side scale you’re fine realistically, but it’s ever moves that far over just give CRK a call. They will be happy to help

No problem. Keep in mind, unlike a traditional frame lock, the ball is inset. Meaning where the lockup is isn't actually the end of the lock bar by the scale. It's earlier.

I have seen this posted twice and for the life of me I cannot understand this. Is the ball not located on the edge of the lockbar?
Honestly I am trying to picture this and any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

The detent ball on CRK's is on the corner of the lock bar. It functions as the detent on the side of the blade, as well as the locking surface that mates with the blade tang (if tang is the correct term?).

Whereas on my Zero Tolerance knife, the ball is not on the corner of the lock bar. It is further away from the pivot and moved down the inside of the lock bar. This ball only functions as the detent and the lock surface is the steel insert on the end of the lock bar.

I have seen this posted twice and for the life of me I cannot understand this. Is the ball not located on the edge of the lockbar?
Honestly I am trying to picture this and any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Not the 31, but the lockbar is the same. The ceramic ball acts as the detent AND the locking interface.
n2vk72324af31.jpg

OP
I have the small 31 and your large looks very close to my lockup.
To keep it simple, they just work :thumbsup:

Back