Another Question For the Well Informed: Drop Loop

Blues

hovering overhead
Staff member
Super Mod
Didn't realize before the FK2 arrived yesterday that the drop loop was not a solid loop of nylon or other fabric...but used velcro on the inside of the loop.

Probably wouldn't be an issue but for the fact that virtually all I wear are a number of purpose made nylon belts, (mostly from Mastermind Tactics), for AIWB.
The velcro of the loop plays havoc with the nylon belt making placement and adjustment more of a chore than it needs to be. (And I don't want to change into a leather belt just to carry the knife...but I would if I had to.)

So, who makes a substitute loop of leather or nylon / synthetic fabric that has just the right amount of substance to keep the sheath from flopping like a fresh caught flounder? (I like flounder, don't get me wrong...I've caught enough of 'em.)

If I didn't have to take the dog to the vet for her annual today, I'd be in the sandbox all day playing with my new toys. Which will resume later this afternoon.

Thank you, Nathan and Jo, for moving the holidays up to late July. :cool:

Not sure if there are people on this forum that make them as well, but I've had great luck with the Kydex / leather hybrid loops from Sagewood Gear. Haven't found one that fits the Behemother from them yet, but the different sizes they offer work great for the DEK1, FK2, and HDFK.
That looks like just the thing. Thanks.

P Pete M

Got the Sagewood loop combo in today. Installed the dangler on the FK2 for now, and have their fixed loop in reserve as an alternative.

Nice quality and a much better solution for my needs.

It was sort of comical, me trying to fit everything together with three fingers while trying not to bend the other two.

Now I have something to look forward to carrying (hopefully) soonish.

Thanks for the assist.

P Pete M

Got the Sagewood loop combo in today. Installed the dangler on the FK2 for now, and have their fixed loop in reserve as an alternative.

Nice quality and a much better solution for my needs.

It was sort of comical, me trying to fit everything together with three fingers while trying not to bend the other two.

Now I have something to look forward to carrying (hopefully) soonish.

Thanks for the assist.
Nice! Glad to hear they're working out for you, even though you're down a few fingers at the moment.

I reached out to Brian at Sagewood to see if they had a solution for the Behemother, too. It wasn't listed on his site, but he mentioned he has an XL version of the drop loop combo, so I bought one and I'll report back once I get it.

Just ordered a Kephart, too, so I guess I should order another loop once I get that. Can't have the CPK's not match. :)

Just as an FYI, the XL Kydex / leather drop loop that Brian from Sagewood sent me fits the Behemother sheath perfectly.

The dangler drops the whole package so that the top of the handle falls about 1/2" from the top of the drop loop, while the fixed loop option rides a bit higher, with the handle sticking up about 2" above the top of the loop. If anyone wants pictures, let me know.

Just a note and repost from the EDC thread, different hybrid loops that I'm using.

i-ZjtBj4P-X3.jpg

Left and right are Sagewood drop loops, I love their stuff. I do shorten their loops/kydex adapters though, as I like my knives to ride a little higher (easier in car / with seat-belt and to wear a sweater/polo over). I don't carry back-packs, so no issue there.

Roland.

Back