Another run of W&SS neck knife?

blades are at heat-treat. Should be back end of next week. :thumbup:

I had just about given up on this knife but Dan notified me and I think my knife will be on it's way soon. Can't wait. Thanks Dan

Well Dan, you asked for my money over a year ago when you said my knife was ready. I paid you the next day and still, as of this day I have not received the knife. Any idea when you are going to get it in the mail? This is becoming ridiculous.

Dan, your last update for my email request was two and half months ago. After that no answers to requests. By then you had sheaths done and the knives were waiting for your final touches. This is not a nice way to run a business!

Please, give some info and try to live with your commitments....

Finnhunt

Where oh where is my knife? Still no knife or any update or contact. I really don't understand. Does anyone else know what is going on?

It seems to be more or less official now that there is not any real efforts by Dan to finalize the remaining WSS orders. I made my order for WSS scandi back in August 2013. After the reasonable waiting, I received a flat grind WSS in December 2014. A nice knife but I ordered a WSS with scandi grind. Dan promised to deliver a replacement within few weeks with some discount. Naturally I trusted him and paid. Mistake. Ever since, always new delays and explanations.

I have made some requests during the last months but no answers. This is so frustrating...

Very sorry to hear.
I payed my folder one year ago and Koster has only answered me with lies. Kind of tired if it now. Never had contact with maker behaving like it before. I do not think I will get the knife or money back. Only thing I can say: never ever send Koster money - I think you have to have the knife first if you want to be on the safe side. If he says it is finished or close to finished, do not trust him.
Best

Very sorry to hear.
I payed my folder one year ago and Koster has only answered me with lies. Kind of tired if it now. Never had contact with maker behaving like it before. I do not think I will get the knife or money back. Only thing I can say: never ever send Koster money - I think you have to have the knife first if you want to be on the safe side. If he says it is finished or close to finished, do not trust him.
Best

Too bad....the moderator in this forum won't do jack...me too i have been waiting on my MUCK that i ordered 2.5 years ago. Daniel is a scum

Bad indeed. Been in contact with him recently and he says that he is going to ship next day but nothing happens, only new lies. Payed 550.00 one year ago. It is actually very strange. The knives are great and a lot of people (me to) supported him for a long time. But he cannot be honest. I do not judge, life can be hard etc ... But my money is lost and I do not think that you mr Koster feel good today, nobody will make business with an thief and liar.

knife chop - sounds like you have a very personal complaint - would you be willing to talk to me over the phone about it? or on Facebook?

I have never scammed anyone out of money. I will finish all my knife orders. It's just taking longer than I had expected.

knife chop - sounds like you have a very personal complaint - would you be willing to talk to me over the phone about it? or on Facebook?

I have never scammed anyone out of money. I will finish all my knife orders. It's just taking longer than I had expected.

1) Sure finally!!!! I've been waiting for your response for the past 2 years...That is if you're actually going to answer my call, email etc....

2) after 2-3 years of wait and no communication at all, I consider that as a scam specially when dealers get more knives than the customer who ordered way ahead of them....we would die of old age by the time we get the knives we had paid (in some full). and just because you delivered after 100 years, it's not considered a scam?

3) How can you explain when you tell a customer that their knife is getting glued or will be shipped next week and 3 years later that customer hasn't receive the knife?

The Truth is your business handling and poor communication is bad...bad...and egregiously bad...

Last edited:
Okay guys! We have gotten a man's word and we can expect that we will get our knives ieventually! Waiting is hard because we are anxious to get knives made by Dan. That is why we ordered them in the first blade, we know what to expect. We know the quality.

Dan, thanks for providing info!

Brothers, keep the faith!

I waited over a year for the knife great knife but was sent the wrong sheath I was told it would get replaced but that was a year ago I guess the extra 40 dollars is a loss

I waited over a year for the knife great knife but was sent the wrong sheath I was told it would get replaced but that was a year ago I guess the extra 40 dollars is a loss

I'm over two years from the order date and almost 2 years from the 'anticipated completion' date. Guessing yours was a rush order if it was delivered at the over a year mark. Maybe the rush created the error?

I am coming to the conclusion either this business is truly inept or just plain dirty. I have been waiting 3 years for a Muck. No correspondence of any kind, but he happily took my $85.00 deposit. I was also one of the original 25 to signup for the folding bushcrafter. I was also passed over on that one. Until I hear from Dan Koster, I am chalking it up as I have been robbed of my deposit.

Martin Roberts

Where oh where is my knife? Still no knife or any update or contact. I really don't understand. Does anyone else know what is going on?

Consider it a loss!!! He has no intention of fulfilling orders. That is my take on it.

Martin

I received my two WSS scandis from Koster today! The waiting was long and I admit that I was frustrated for a long time. We communicated during the process, sometimes better and sometimes worse but anyway messages went and came.

After having these perfect knives it is easy to forget all the bad feelings because the knives are perfect in every way as you can expect. Beautiful little blades scaring sharp and with perfect finish! Typical Koster quality without any remarks.

I am more than satisfied - I wish that Dan gets organized ( as it seems to be according his new list with weekly schedules). At the end there should be plenty of happy customers! Thanks Dan!

I just wanted to give folks a update on my order.
I ordered with deposit on 11/02/14. I paid in full on 7/19/16. It was delivered today 8/26/16.
Slow yup. However, in the end, he delivered on his promise. The knife seems great to me. I find no flaws at all. Comparing to vintage Koster I own, the quality seems on par. I am square. Good luck folks.

Last edited:
Back