Another sad day for all of us

Phil Gibbs

Cutlery Student
Platinum Member
It is with immense sadness that I come here to advise you that today Wally Gardiner called to inform me that Canal Street Cutlery was closing.

Wally has been a great friend & mentor for as long as I have been in this business, & this truly breaks my heart.

He has sent me a Powerpoint listing of all the equipment that is for sale.
If any of you are interested, message me & I will gladly email it to you.

I need a drink.

Is it happening right now or in the near future? Will this have a bearing on knives on order?

Any knife business closing is a grim day.

Regards, Will

Guess the Knifeworks web site had it right after all.

Well, this news has kind of forced my hand on a CSC purchase. I really hate hearing this, as with CSC I felt a part of the old Schrade was still being kept alive.

Very Sad news indeed. :grumpy:
Smoke and prayers up from Montana.
Gotta be rough on the owner and employees. My best to them both

Dave

Aw man...this stinks. I really thought they were gaining a little ground, especially with the forum knife order.

Now that is a sad news indeed. There are not many companies left still making these little jewels. It makes the forum knife special ... in a sad way.

I'm bummed about this news.:(:confused::(:eek::(

The forum knives will still be forthcoming, however.

Sorry to hear this. It's always sad when a knife company goes out of business.

That is not good news. I hope the employees of the company fare well.....

best

mqqn

This is indeed a sad day. The Canal Street Cutlery crew brought us some great knives. Thoughts and prayers for them and their families as they move forward with their lives.

Sad news indeed. Hopefully the employees can be absorbed by other companies. Maybe a custom shop?

That is sad news, I had hoped the rumors were unfounded. Surprising actually, canal street has been putting out some really great knives lately.

This is very depressing. I don't even know what else to say I feel sickend by this news.

Back