another Trip to the Island.......

Trip started off Great and then the wind & waves kicked up :D cutting the weekend trip short

TXHC & my last adventure on the island was great this go around the island had different plans

DSCF5016.jpg

DSCF5019.jpg

DSCF5021.jpg

my boy & txhc chilling

DSCF5023.jpg

DSCF5042.jpg

DSCF5043.jpg

DSCF5044.jpg

DSCF5077.jpg

DSCF5079.jpg

DSCF5088.jpg

DSCF5090.jpg

Then the island bites back......Survival mode for real :D Trapped on a island& nobody on the lake,due to high winds and white cap waves and sinks TXHC boat

DSCF5097.jpg

DSCF5098.jpg

DSCF5099.jpg

DSCF5102.jpg

Stink, that looks like a job getting the water out. Good thing you weren't out in the water and loaded up. You all must of figured it out but that is a tough way to end a good time.

How do catfish turn out cooked fireside like that?

took less that 30 minutes to bail out,gett her back floating and turn the boat nose towards the waves.......

Catfish, simple hot rock cooker... ,takes longer per say but tastes just fine. flip'em spine down and eat them from the inside out.... ;)

Awesome pics, but bummer about the boat! At least you got it bailed, but if not, it would be a nice excuse to miss a few days of work and just stay there fishing :D

I had my Katadyn Vario & Base camp + my other gear ;) so water was not an issue,had ramen noodles & trail mix ...I coulda made a week :D + the fish were biting even though the water was rough as all get out

Awesome pics bro, love hanging out on islands. Love that lateral thinking on keeping the boat from floating away!

Back