Recommendation? Another vague "knife suggestions" thread.

Shorttime

Gold Member
Yeah, you've seen this before. Knife suggestions, wanted.

Full tang, fixed blade. Upper price point is $150, blade length, between 3.5" and 4".

I'm keeping things vague for now, because, well, my "intended use-case" is vague. Anything that I feel needs more than a folding knife.

The Fallkniven F1 is a good knife in my opinion. Its kind of a rat tail tang though. Bark river Aurora has a 4.5 inch blade. The Bark River bravo line has a few you might be interested in as well. Good luck!

Lionsteel m4 in m390 for $155 if you can swing an extra 5 bucks. Great knife and reasonable price for that steel. Gl

I'll second checking out Bradford's knives ... even the 4 ... and the 4.5 (my fav.) and basically the same size blade as the 4 with a bigger IMHO better handle ...

Lt Wright's offerings ... Becker BK16 is a great value ...

Standard 420hc Buck 212 ranger from C&C for $75 , or D2 212 from SKblades for $91 ?
Just got one and its awesome
Blade is right at 3-3/4" it fills the hand very well, and should be an excellent utilitarian blade.

It's a full length hidden tang, not full in the sense that it's the shape of the handle and you can see it but it's not really a stick or rattail because it's flat and rectangular.
You're not gonna break it unless you hammer on it.

Last edited:
For a handy and very capable fixed blade in that price range:

Becker BK16 with micarta scales and an Azwelke kydex sheath.

A do it all work horse that cuts great and sharpens easy, combined with a high quality and well thought out sheath.

Plus... these gentleman are active members here and engage regularly with the forum.

Thanks! The Bradford knives caught my eye, and MolokaiRider makes an excellent case for the BK16. I'm not sure about the FFG on the newer models, though.

I wouldn't go any further than this gentleman's post...

Really I wouldn't, but since you ain't me, I'll throw a couple your way:

TOPS Overlander fits the "vague use" profile.

Benchmade has the 200 Puukko in 3V, or the Steep Mountain Hunter in S30V, both are pretty vague.

The White River Backpacker Pro is a bit smaller than you spec'd at 3.25", but it's worth a look.

Best bang for your buck is... well... a Buck. The Bucklite Max Small fixed blade is the best $20 bill I've spent.

This really is a wide open segment of the knife world. But that Bradford that ScooterG ScooterG put up rules this roost.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/hunter-walnut-scales.1691070/#post-19335270

vgiYGyM.jpg

Back