Antigravity puzzle solved 50 years ago

Danny, it would be more convincing if that text up above the saucer didn't read "Gekkeikan--the only sake with a bold interplanetary flavor that makes even little green men say, 'Kumpai!'" :D

While we're on the subject of ancient portrayals of UFOs, have you ever heard of the Vimana craft of ancient India? And let's not forget the Abydos temple helicopter.

--Josh

that was funny, granted.

BUT

I only post original, authenticated art from actual books with citations.
I dont just surf the net and post anything I find.
I wish I could get someone to understand my seriousness about this subject.
The vimana is interesting. Yes it is.

The helicopter is a sideways heiroglyph.

Danny, just because I'm a smartass doesn't mean I'm not serious about UFOs:). Please don't take my humor the wrong way. This is a great thread about one of my favorite topics. I've had a pretty keen interest in UFOs for the past 25 years. I have a UFO library that puts most bookstores to shame.

I've seen plenty of ancient art that seems to depict UFOs, but I also know how difficult it is to interpret things from the past without projecting one's own cultural perceptions. I mean, the thing in the last pic you posted certainly looks like a UFO, but do you think it could represent something else? Do you know what the inscription actually says? (probably something along the lines of "Sho Chiku Bai--The Reptilian choice") :D --see--I can't help myself :D :rolleyes:
--Josh

Want to hear a UFO story? Here's one that happened about 50 years ago to me and some buddies when we were camping. You can think what you want about it, and I make no claims, except to say that everything is true as I remember it.

It was Christmas vacation, 1956. Skeezix Cooper, PeeWee Hoaglund, his brother Phillip, and myself planned to spend the weekend camping by the Quinapoxet River, which ran through our home town of Holden, Massachusetts. We knew the area well and had been hunting, fishing, and camping there for years.

Philip had to work late so we didn’t get to the river until well after dark, probably about 10 PM. There was a full moon and a couple of inches of snow on the ground which made it as bright as day. The trail was an old railroad bed so it was an easy hike to our campsite which was about five miles from where we had parked the car.

We had gotten about halfway when the sky lit up with a white light so bright and intense that it seemed like a giant arc welder. We were scared and confused and scampered off the trail and lay flat against the banked side of the railroad bed. I don’t know how long we hid there. I think we may have fallen asleep. When we got back up, we tried to figure out what happened, and thought that maybe a plane landed nearby or maybe a meteor crashed so we set off in the direction we thought it came down, but a good amount of time had evidently passed as the moon was no longer overhead and it was dark and impossible to get through the brush. So we stayed on the trail and continued on to our campsite.

We had brought a case of beer which we planned to drink as we sat around the campfire, but when we got to our campsite we were too tired and it seemed too late so we just went to sleep instead. We didn’t know what time it was because Skeezix was the only one with a watch and it had stopped working. He was quite upset about this because he had just gotten it for Christmas.

We didn’t do much the next day. I don’t remember if we even drank the beer. Skeezix was having some sort of problem with his glass eye, which he didn’t want to talk about, and PeeWee had a problem with his butt. He said he must have sat on a stick when he went to take a dump because he was bleeding from his rectum. It didn’t seem serious and of course it supplied hours of wise cracks for the rest of us.

That’s it. That’s all I remember. None of us ever talked about it. We treated it like it never happened.

About a week later I went rabbit hunting in the same general area, except that I approached from the other side of the river. I parked my car and started down the trail. There were lots of fresh tracks and at any moment I expected a cottontail or jack to jump up.

I got about fifty yards and I froze. I didn’t see anything and I didn’t hear anything, I was just suddenly overcome with a sense of fear and dread that I had never before experienced. I was terrified and turned and ran back to the car as if the Devil himself was after me. I was in a panic and couldn’t get my car started and get out of there fast enough.

That had never happened to me before. Those were “my woods”. I had camped there many times when I was younger with my boy scout troop. When I got older I would have my parents drop me off and I would spend the weekend by myself. When I was in high school, I would go camping there with my friends. I loved the area and I knew there was nothing to fear.

I never thought about the events of the previous week, but later I realized that if I had continued to follow the trail, it would have taken me to the area where we thought the “meteor” had fallen, but couldn’t get to that night. I guess something inside me didn’t want me to get to it that day either. I never went back.

I haven’t seen Skeezix, PeeWee, or Phillip since high school. Every so often, I look them up on the internet and think about contacting them to see what they remember about what happened, but I never will. I don’t think I really want to know.

Thanks Ben aroun,
I am dying to know if you can remember more under hypnosis, but I dont want you to feel pain for any reason.....

I presented some general information earlier in a basic format to keep it simple for the non-science types. Yes, the concept of centifugal force is a abstraction to explain gravity and the concept of contricting magnetic flux is more then a simple matter. The tables of know quantum particles is growing with more and more atom smashing experiments. Based on the existence of these particles and our understanding of how they fit into the atomic structure is still a unknown, remember the elusive nutrino. Another basic concept is the folding of time to achieve an effect of moving over distance like folding a piece of paper to get from one edge to another. The velocity associated with gravity has a time varible and if you study astrophysics you will see references to dimensional space and levels of time.
Time is associated with thoeries on blackholes, the threshold of the speed of light and atomic structures, so gravity and a point in space might also relate to the time within the velocity. Thank you Mike Kilo Niner for your feedback and further clarification of some of my statements. This is an interesting subject and maybe someday conjector will become fact. Those who think things are impossible live in the past and those who dare to question or dream of the impossible grow. It is just ashame you have to be dead after the fact to tell the others "See it can be done". I prefer to grow, it is too boring just to sit around with nothing to strive for above and beyond what is present. My drafting teacher stated to me that "Nothing is impossible, you just haven't found the right solution yet". Well thanks for the interesting dicussion. Have a nice day :)

DannyinJapan said:
...I am dying to know if you can remember more under hypnosis...
I have often wondered the same thing, Danny, but I have never made any attempt to follow up on it because I would probably have to associate with a group interested in such stuff, and in my experience, such groups are populated by many aliens from the planet Wackazoid.

Like I said, everything I wrote is true as I remember it, but a lot more probably happened over that weekend that I don't remember. And what I don't remember could very well offer a logical explanation for those things that I do. Or, it could very well push the explanation of the experience the other way.

Those things that I remember most vividly, such as the bright light, the mental confusion, the loss of time, the broken watch, the bleeding anus, and the lingering sense of terror, are all classic "Alien Abduction" symptoms. And, although I have no belief either positive nor negative about this subject, I have always loved movies and stories about it, and I suspect that the memory of my experience may have become subconsciously selective over the years from the influence of this type of input.

While I was in Germany, on the way up to Camp Lee and O.P Tennessee by WollBach, there is a hill that if you put your car in neutral it will roll up hill and not down...at that time I owned a 1980 323i BMW and I dont know how many times we would we sit in that car put it in neutral, feel and see it slowly roll up the hill
headscratch.gif

DannyinJapan said:
I only post original, authenticated art from actual books with citations.
I dont just surf the net and post anything I find.

Er, didn't the picture of The Madonna with Saint Giovannino come from a website? I'm not saying this makes it inauthentic, but I'm not sure what your point is--does the fact that something appears in a physical book instead of an electronic format make it more factual? I don't think anyone would debate the authenticity of the artwork; it's the interpretation of what we are seeing that is open to debate.

The helicopter is a sideways heiroglyph.

That's pretty much the point of the article, no? I posted it because I thought it was cool, but also to point out that things aren't always as they seem. Have you ever read any of Von Daniken's books? There was a big scandal a while back when he was very popular when it was found that many of his supposed ancient mesoamerican artifacts depicting alien visitors were actually being produced by contemporary artisans. UFOs are fascinating, but there is a lot of untruth to wade through to reach the truth. I'm not claiming to know what that truth is, and I don't know if anyone else knows either. The quest for knowledge is always entertaining though.

--Josh

Since we are on the subject of UFO's and such, I'll throw another name into the mix for debate and conjecture. David Hamel. I know very little about him. I have visited his site and some forums. What do other's think about his machines and theories? I have some thoughts but I'll save them for later. I found him after visiting one of the lifter project sites a year or so ago.

"Your explanation requires far more imagination than just calling it a UFO."

UFO, or UPO?

Danny, I see woks everywhere--like that last Japanese painting.

Holbein found some reason to depict an anamorphic skull in the famous painting "The Ambassadors" , what does that mean?

After lots of stuff like that, why should one get excited over something that looks like a priest's hat?

What to make of these?

Or the various depictions of the Temptation of St. Anthony?
Like this one? (Matthias Grunwald, 1512-1516)

Anyway, here's another painting for your list--I sure you can find a couple of UFOs in there somewhere:

cuyama1.jpg

Chumash Indian Painting ca 1000 AD. They lived on the coast of California. I highly reccomend reading the text that accompanies the painting at the linked site.

I'm having fun reading it.

"in an infinite universe, anything is possible"

can't remember who said it, sounds good to me.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Comin' for to carry me home! :|
I looked over Jordan and what did I see,
Comin' for to carry me home!
A band of angels comin' after me,

|: Swing low, sweet chariot,

If you get there before I do,
Comin' for to carry me home,
Jess tell my friends that I'm acomin' too,
Comin' for to carry me home.

|: Swing low, sweet chariot,

I'm sometimes up and sometimes down,
Comin' for to carry me home,
But still my soul feels heavenly bound

:eek:

Kis

I didnt just suggest any picture with a fuzzy unknown object.
I restricted it to paintings with very clearly saucer-shaped objects that were very clearly in the sky and very clearly being pointed at by people on the ground.

you can try to digress, diffuse and confuse the issue, but I am on it like a tick on a dogs ass.

Danny--what do you make of some of the more modern UFO cases with extensive photographs, particularly Billy Meier's Pleadian beamship pics and the Ed Walters Gulf Breeze sightings?

--Josh

Holy cr*p!

That Hamel guy is about as loopy as they come. The vids of him must be quite the experience.

Looks to be a hard worker though.

Back