Antique New York Knife Company Knives and Company History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric, those are a nice looking pair.

Here is my big Navy knife.
newyorksailor1.jpg

Last edited:
Charles that's fantastic, even has some etch left on it!! Isn't that ring construction interesting? Simple but solid!

Eric

We had a couple of these unique ones over in the "Old Knives" thread and I was asked to post mine here too... I've got several NYKC's to add here so keep an eye open :D I refer to this one as a "Knob & Tube" electricians knife with the not so popular bolster latching mechanism LoL.

NYKCLSD1.JPG NYKCLSD2.JPG NYKCLSD3.JPG NYKCLSD4.JPG NYKCLSD5.JPG NYKCLSD6.JPG Tab1.JPG Tab4.JPG Tab5.JPG Tab7.JPG

- V_P

Beautiful and interesting NYKC Knives you all have posted photos of lately:thumbsup: I enjoy seeing these so Thank You!!!

I thought I had posted these in this thread already but couldn’t find them. I may have posted them in the Old Knives Thread awhile back but can’t find them. Anyway they belong here!

From the top is a swell center or Coke bottle or Stabber jack with saber ground primary blade with Ebony handles. Next (in the middle) is an early pick bone bare head jack with saber ground primary blade. No Hammer Brand logos on the pick bone folder blade tangs. Last is a regular jack with a pretty full looking Hammer Brand blade etch and Ebony handles.D4F9DD73-B03A-4A2C-A9DB-75B68A3A46FA.jpeg 7B4DDDD7-8E81-4852-B89E-6EBE00FBEF9B.jpeg

Beautiful and interesting NYKC Knives you all have posted photos of lately:thumbsup: I enjoy seeing these so Thank You!!!

I thought I had posted these in this thread already but couldn’t find them. I may have posted them in the Old Knives Thread awhile back but can’t find them. Anyway they belong here!

From the top is a swell center or Coke bottle or Stabber jack with saber ground primary blade with Ebony handles. Next (in the middle) is an early pick bone bare head jack with saber ground primary blade. No Hammer Brand logos on the pick bone folder blade tangs. Last is a regular jack with a pretty full looking Hammer Brand blade etch and Ebony handles.View attachment 845099 View attachment 845098

All three are great, but the cokebottle is fantastic!

Three beautiful knives, Lloyd! I really like the Hammer Brand blade etch!
Dan

Lloyd - Unbelievable beauty to behold. All three a thrill to see !!

Danno - Both wondrous, but the Wallkill is amazzzzing...wow !!!

Kevin - You collection just keeps coming. And what a treat. The can opener jack is a treasure !

Nice trio Lloyd!! And wonderful condition!!:)
Great pair, Dan!! They would look good in a nice wall display!!:D
(I am starting to look forward to Oregon in earnest!!)

Cool knives, v_p!!

Thanks Paul, Lambertiana, Jeff, Dan, Gev and Charlie for the nice comments on the three above folders I posted photos of—much appreciated!!

Very nice NYKC folders Dan and -V_P:thumbsup::thumbsup: They exude quality!

Here are three more NYKC folders from my collection. The top one is marked HSB & Co. OVB large lock back folding hunter. It is 5 & 3/8 inches closed. Clearly a NYKC produced knife. The next or middle one is a lock back sleeve board bare end English Jack. It is 4 & 5/8 inches closed. The bottom one is a 3 inch split back Whittler style NYKC folder.
A3074338-DF79-469F-B612-7C8F9A97B8DF.jpeg A2B9ED85-084E-40AC-87AA-F2A5EF5CF9B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Lloyd - Unbelievable beauty to behold. All three a thrill to see !!

Danno - Both wondrous, but the Wallkill is amazzzzing...wow !!!

Kevin - You collection just keeps coming. And what a treat. The can opener jack is a treasure !

Thanks Gev! I'm curious what others think about the NYKC Bottle Opener jack I posted above... I've examined this knife many times and after looking at it again tonight, call me crazy but I'm convinced it's jigged wood. I'm searching for some NYKC catalog pages that might have this beer jack in it, the length is almost 5" when closed and over 8" fully opened... it's a HUGE knife. I would love to figure out an approximate year... it's early 1930's or before, but I'd like to know how much before LoL. If anybody has any ideas or info on this knife, I'd love to hear it :)

NYKCBJ-1A.JPG NYKCBJ-1B.JPG NYKCBJ-1C.JPG

- Kevin

Thanks Gevonovich, Charlie and Lloyd. They will look good in a nice wall display. Three more great knives, Lloyd!
I have been very much looking forward to Oregon since I made the decision to go and booked my room.
Dan

Wow, Lloyd!! another beautiful trio!! :thumbsup:
I'll bet, laid end-to-end, your collection would reach Walden New York!!
:eek:
:D

Wow, Lloyd!! another beautiful trio!! :thumbsup:
I'll bet, laid end-to-end, your collection would reach Walden New York!!
:eek:
:D

Funny Charlie! At least across the coffee table maybeo_O Charlie, on the other hand, I know your collection would reach Walden and probably back again:D:eek:!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back