1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Antique Winchester Knives and Company History 1919-1942

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by MerryMadMonk, Feb 17, 2020.

1. danno50

danno50 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Thanks Al.
    Great stockman, Charlie.:thumbsup: That one is not in my 1930 catalog reprint.
    Lovely pair of barlows, Al.:thumbsup:

MerryMadMonk likes this.
  2. MerryMadMonk

MerryMadMonk Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 22, 2011
    Winchester 2903 Swell Center Pen
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. danno50

Apr 15, 2008
    Another Winchester made (I believe) Keen Kutter. Knife is 3". I just wanted to bring this thread back from the depths of page 5. There have to be more Winchesters out there somewhere!

RIMG2006.JPG RIMG2007.JPG

4. MerryMadMonk

May 22, 2011
    They're definitely out there, Dan... I've been gettin' whupped on auctions lately! (but that's what I get for starting this thread) :eek::D

Winchester 4301 Lobster Pen
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

danno50, JustinR, redsparrow and 9 others like this.
  5. Luger1952

Luger1952 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Beautiful folders Dan and Al:thumbsup: Here is one like Dan’s KK but mine is the Winchester marked variety. I would have posted it sooner but forgot I had it until I was perusing some of my MPs the other day.
    84C040E7-7541-4B8A-9C7F-CC8856590A54.jpeg
    98FE402E-5C36-49CB-812B-F5C3A1F727DB.jpeg

6. danno50

Apr 15, 2008
    I really like that lobster, Al!:thumbsup:
    Nice one, Lloyd, identical knives, even identically posed, with different stampings. Only difference is the Keen Kutter is stainless.

7. MerryMadMonk

May 22, 2011
    Thanks, Dan and Lloyd! @danno50 @Luger1952

And thanks for posting those Lobsters Pens. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's a couple of catalog cuts of each...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. danno50

Apr 15, 2008
    Thanks for the catalog cuts, Al, they are always nice to see. This question probably isn't appropiate in this thread, but, how do you do the @username thing? I have tried a few things, but can't seem to figure it out.

MerryMadMonk likes this.
  9. Mike Robuck

Mike Robuck Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2001
    I just spent the past half hour rescuing these pics out of PhotoBucket. I had couple of nice small Winchesters, including this one, that I sold to Chuko (Charles Lamb) five or six years ago. As I recall, which is not saying much, this one was around 3 1/4. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gevonovich, ISKRA, Old Hunter and 9 others like this.
  10. danno50

Apr 15, 2008
    Lovely knife, Mike!:thumbsup: That one is not in my 1930 catalog reprint.

11. MerryMadMonk

May 22, 2011
    You're very welcome.
    re: username... just like you did it, but with the specific username. If you type @ followed by a specific username, it should work. It even has an autocomplete after you type the first few letters of someone's username.

12. MerryMadMonk

May 22, 2011
    That's a beautiful knife! Thanks for posting, Mike. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    RIP chuko. He was a great part of this forum.

Will Power likes this.
  13. danno50

Apr 15, 2008
    Thanks Al, @MerryMadMonk. Looks like that worked, very simple, not sure why I didn't try that?:oops:

MerryMadMonk likes this.
  14. Mike Robuck

Mike Robuck Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Thanks for the nice comments on the Winchester. Kinda wish I had kept it now. I'll see if I can find the other one that I sold Charles.

MerryMadMonk likes this.
  15. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Bumped from page 5 for this nice Toothpick I found tucked into the corner of my safe, and guarded by a ferocious spider!!:eek:
    :D Tickler 1.jpg Tickler 2.jpg Tickler 3.jpg

Tang is a bit faint, does not scan well!
    Tickler 4.jpg

Gevonovich, ISKRA, Old Hunter and 5 others like this.
  16. MerryMadMonk

May 22, 2011
    Job well done by that spider! :D Beautiful old toothpick... looks like a #1924. Thanks for showing! @waynorth

waynorth likes this.
  17. sceva

sceva Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Here is one I have on it's way to me. I planned on putting it into my carry rotation, any objections. I bought it because I like a small knife. Is this 3" one rightly called a pen knife or something else; the main blade is a spear not a pen. Pattern 2963, nice jigged bone. These photos show the Winchester marking on the main and pen. is this 1920's? 1930's? Later? One of the higher quality or after the decline in quality? Was this pattern a carry on from Napanoch or Walden or one Winchester came up with? I do not think Eagle. A lot of questions I know but I know little about the older Winchesters.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    GE Jr and JustinR like this.
  18. danno50

Apr 15, 2008
    Nice knife, sceva!:thumbsup: I posted this in the thread you started on this knife, but will put it here as well. A catalog cut from a 1930 Winchester catalog reprint. I have no idea how long your knife was in production for, but it was available in 1930. Good work bumping up this thread. Maybe a few Winchesters will crawl out of the woodwork.

RIMG2181.JPG

19. sceva

sceva Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Thanks Danno50;

I see that the catalog cut says STAG Handle while the illustration and my knife is a nice jigged bone. Was that Winchester using creative descriptions?

20. danno50

Apr 15, 2008
    It was very common for old knife companies to use the term stag for jigged bone. If the handles were actual stag, they would say genuine stag, or something similar to indicate real stag.

Last edited: May 16, 2020