Antique Winchester Knives and Company History 1919-1942

Thanks Al.
Great stockman, Charlie.:thumbsup: That one is not in my 1930 catalog reprint.
Lovely pair of barlows, Al.:thumbsup:

Winchester 2903 Swell Center Pen
b0VMsJG.jpg

9sGHXNt.jpg

JU8pWsf.jpg

I really like that lobster, Al!:thumbsup:
Nice one, Lloyd, identical knives, even identically posed, with different stampings. Only difference is the Keen Kutter is stainless.

Thanks for the catalog cuts, Al, they are always nice to see. This question probably isn't appropiate in this thread, but, how do you do the @username thing? I have tried a few things, but can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks for the catalog cuts, Al, they are always nice to see. This question probably isn't appropiate in this thread, but, how do you do the @username thing? I have tried a few things, but can't seem to figure it out.
You're very welcome.
re: username... just like you did it, but with the specific username. If you type @ followed by a specific username, it should work. It even has an autocomplete after you type the first few letters of someone's username.

I just spent the past half hour rescuing these pics out of PhotoBucket. I had couple of nice small Winchesters, including this one, that I sold to Chuko (Charles Lamb) five or six years ago. As I recall, which is not saying much, this one was around 3 1/4.
Ralcagg.jpg

FKxlzaM.jpg

vA6fus5.jpg
That's a beautiful knife! Thanks for posting, Mike. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
RIP chuko. He was a great part of this forum.

Thanks for the nice comments on the Winchester. Kinda wish I had kept it now. I'll see if I can find the other one that I sold Charles.

Here is one I have on it's way to me. I planned on putting it into my carry rotation, any objections. I bought it because I like a small knife. Is this 3" one rightly called a pen knife or something else; the main blade is a spear not a pen. Pattern 2963, nice jigged bone. These photos show the Winchester marking on the main and pen. is this 1920's? 1930's? Later? One of the higher quality or after the decline in quality? Was this pattern a carry on from Napanoch or Walden or one Winchester came up with? I do not think Eagle. A lot of questions I know but I know little about the older Winchesters.

Last edited:
Nice knife, sceva!:thumbsup: I posted this in the thread you started on this knife, but will put it here as well. A catalog cut from a 1930 Winchester catalog reprint. I have no idea how long your knife was in production for, but it was available in 1930. Good work bumping up this thread. Maybe a few Winchesters will crawl out of the woodwork.

RIMG2181.JPG

Thanks Danno50;

I see that the catalog cut says STAG Handle while the illustration and my knife is a nice jigged bone. Was that Winchester using creative descriptions?

Thanks Danno50;

I see that the catalog cut says STAG Handle while the illustration and my knife is a nice jigged bone. Was that Winchester using creative descriptions?

It was very common for old knife companies to use the term stag for jigged bone. If the handles were actual stag, they would say genuine stag, or something similar to indicate real stag.

Last edited:
Back