Review Antonini Farm Knives

[QUOTE="r8shell] A friend gave me one when I moved in this house, saying that she read you should plant spiky plants near downstairs windows to discourage "peepers" :eek: It works, because I stick myself on the sharp points on the leaves whenever I walk by it. :mad: I never water it, give it no attention at all. In fact I thought it had died over the winter, but a bunch of new leaves shot up, as well as some volunteers spreading around it. I only trimmed it the other day for a photo opportunity! :D[/QUOTE]

Do tell!!:)
I guess Agaves make do with dew!!:D

It works, because I stick myself on the sharp points on the leaves whenever I walk by it. :mad: I never water it, give it no attention at all. In fact I thought it had died over the winter, but a bunch of new leaves shot up, as well as some volunteers spreading around it. I only trimmed it the other day for a photo opportunity!
LOL, a true Texas gardening experience!

It's called xeriscaping, and is encouraged around here for water conservation. I call it zero-scaping, because I'm lazy.
Zero-scaping sounds better IMHO. Anything that saves water and work just about has to be wise, just like anyone that researches the uses of a pocket knife in the garden just can't be called lazy.

Now you need a budding knife with a bark lifter on the blade.

Now you need a budding knife with a bark lifter on the blade.
That's what the top one in the first picture is. They also sell one with a brass bark lifter tab on the back.
Antonini Budding.JPG

I totally missed that one. This one is made by Tina, and has a more pronounced bark lifter.

641t.jpg

Last edited:
Back