Any 3/16 inch 6-7 inch blade Busse knives?

Hey Everybody! :)

I have been looking around forever for a quality field blade. I ended up choosing an Esee6 and love it. Suffice to say, the handles are really square, and from what I hear INFI is better than 1095 anyway so I am now looking for a Busse. I have fallen in love with the rounded handle design of most of these blades, especially the Team Gemini, and am trying to find a Busse made from 3/16 INFI instead of 1/4 or larger, and I am having trouble finding one in the 6-7 inch range.

Looking all over the forums, and eBay, and historical lists of Busse knives that have been made years ago, and I can't seem to find a single busse in the 6-7 inch range blade that is 3/16 think.

Any help concerning models you think fits this description would be great. I hope to one day own a Busse blade and this seems to be the spot to find some answers. :)

Hell Razor is an awesome and I feel under appreciated knife. I've seen some terror monkeys going on the forum at great prices lately.

The Boss Jack LE (not CG) has a 6.25" blade that is about .180" thick. Some but not all of the earlier Satin Jack CG knives are 3/16" thick. As Timmy said, the skinny ASH-1 is 3/16" thick with a 6.5" long blade.

Edit: The Satin Jack TAC CG has a 3/16" thick 6" blade.

Last edited:
SARsquatch is just about 3/16 with the coating stripped it should just fit in. MO Hell Razor is a good option too.

The other options are the Anniversary Ratweiler (LE or MO), Taliwhacker (though too light to be a chopper, but will batton well), Desert Jack (good luck finding one), RMD Proto and RMDX LE. SR-101 is no INFI, but it isn't that far behind, and actually holds edge longer.

I really wouldn't shy away from TGLB (I don't, have 2 ;)), sure the spine is 1/4, but it's hollow ground which makes it a wicked slicer. And with the fuller and I-beam handle it is lighter than many knives of the same dimensions.

My Squatch is one of my top handling knives. They do come up for sale on BF with rarity...;-)

Yes. That humped swedge. Even thought about modifying the profile and grinding it down into a more ASH1 like slope. Perhaps in another life. I just use it as is. But would like to see a TAC handled ASH1 someday...;-)

The Zero Tolerance ergos (and variants of them) are pretty good thINFI options too.
34i4fg2.jpg

I'll take it. Aaaaaaaaand..... I'll take it. :thumbup::thumbup:

Nice lookin blades fellas. I'm jealous

WOW. You guys are like walking encyclopedias. I guess there are a few models out there with thin blades over 6". Thank you guys so much. I will look at a few photos of each model, try to visualize how it would feel in hand, then head on over to the market section of this subfourm. :D

I'm not discouraging you from buying Busse (or kin); but your Esee's handle scales easily reshaped with a half round file. TKC also has G10 scales for it...they are well shaped and quite comfortable. Nothing wrong with making your current knife better while searching for its replacement.

I'm not discouraging you from buying Busse (or kin); but your Esee's handle scales easily reshaped with a half round file. TKC also has G10 scales for it...they are well shaped and quite comfortable. Nothing wrong with making your current knife better while searching for its replacement.
Quite right. After witnessing all the mods done to $400 Busse knives I guess I need to step up and not be afraid to try one on my $100 esee6. :) OK, so round file and a respirator right? Can't find any video tutorials on it on YouTube, I could find some "after" videos but none of the complete project in the Busse style. Anything to be aware of?

The Zero Tolerance ergos (and variants of them) are pretty good thINFI options too.

I thought about the ZTNO & ZTSH, but they are hard to find these days. I like the grip modification on your TM; the height of the Ergo grip was always what I liked the least about the Ergo line. That's a cool knife! :cool:

Quite right. After witnessing all the mods done to $400 Busse knives I guess I need to step up and not be afraid to try one on my $100 esee6. :) OK, so round file and a respirator right? Can't find any video tutorials on it on YouTube, I could find some "after" videos but none of the complete project in the Busse style. Anything to be aware of?
If you have access to a belt sander it would make the job a lot easier. hhmoore mentioned a Half Round file, much less of a curve in those, a round file will try to dig in too much and cause valleys. If you dont have that and have sand paper just make a sanding block out of paint sticks. Start with a heavy grit and go lighter as you cut away material.

Hope this helps a little. Just basic ideas, you might have to fill in some blanks. :)

EDIT to add: If you get cloth backed sandpaper simply tear it into strips and carefully mount the handle scale in a vise then act like your polishing a shoe!

The Hell Razor @ 3/16 t & 6 3/4 L AND the Satin Jack Tac @ 3/16 t & 6 1/2 L both fit the profile and were widely available. (For Busse Combat knives.) The Zero Tolerance blades were the result of a supplier error and very limited.
Pete

Basic 8 is .22" & sweet handling.
Or as mentioned Boss Jack LE or Squatch.
There are some aftermarket scales available for your Esee 6 as mentioned also.

Back