Any 3/16 inch 6-7 inch blade Busse knives?

But profile wise, the same? When my AX arrives, I will be able to compare side by side. And I also find that TAC handle to suit me the best...;-)
Plz post the photos. :)

I think I have boiled it down to the Skinny Ash1 and the SJTAC. They are so similar I guess the main difference would be the handle on the SJTAC looks like it has more room. I have large hands so that may make a difference.

Now I have to wait till Jerry decides we all need more SJTACs in circulation, and hope I have the funds available to snatch up a cool color scheme. ;)

Big hands, you'll probably be better served with the TAC handles. I fill up the Ash's handle area with a little wiggle room, and have something between medium and large hands.

Hey Everybody! :)

I have been looking around forever for a quality field blade. I ended up choosing an Esee6 and love it. Suffice to say, the handles are really square, and from what I hear INFI is better than 1095 anyway so I am now looking for a Busse. I have fallen in love with the rounded handle design of most of these blades, especially the Team Gemini, and am trying to find a Busse made from 3/16 INFI instead of 1/4 or larger, and I am having trouble finding one in the 6-7 inch range.

Looking all over the forums, and eBay, and historical lists of Busse knives that have been made years ago, and I can't seem to find a single busse in the 6-7 inch range blade that is 3/16 think.

Any help concerning models you think fits this description would be great. I hope to one day own a Busse blade and this seems to be the spot to find some answers. :)
I have a 3/16 BG Steel Heart. It's for sale?

Don't know if this fits your bill but what about a Rodent 7? For many moons I carried the Basic 9, but that dog gone Rodent 7 has changed my mind. Perfect fit for the long trek, excellent ergos coupled with a blade that is just about bullet proof! Kind of reminds me of the now long gone Camp Tramp.

Snag a Rodent 7 if you can find it!

Don't know if this fits your bill but what about a Rodent 7? For many moons I carried the Basic 9, but that dog gone Rodent 7 has changed my mind. Perfect fit for the long trek, excellent ergos coupled with a blade that is just about bullet proof! Kind of reminds me of the now long gone Camp Tramp.

Snag a Rodent 7 if you can find it!

Needed to search for a reminder of what an R7 even was. :rolleyes:

How does this compare to a Ratweiler? Either original or BG?

56B7C905-4F20-4BDB-BCDC-C7C0847CF4B9.jpeg

681D5B74-E735-4A0F-A78B-82A40E036E5C.jpeg

Skinny ASH ! Variety of stock .187 to .22 ish. If you can find one.. they are great knives.

I think there's one on the exchange right now...

Last edited:
Resinguy: The width on my BG Ratweiler is about 1/8th larger than the Rodent 7, but the blades are the same length and thickness. Handles have a different shape but somehow feel very similar. The Rodent 7 is just a tad lighter than the RW.

Of course, everyone has opinions about the ergos, but I like the way both of these knives feel. And, some may chime in to say that both of these are too heavy for long hiking trips. Both are very tough one-knife solutions that qualify as true survival knives.

Off topic ( sorry OP).

The handles on the R7 & R9 make a lot of sense once you hold them. Great knives ! This is probably blasphemy around here .. but , I prefer the R7 / R9 handles to the Ratweilers ( chopwieler feels great too ).

The R5 deserves a mention as well.. 5 + Blade , 3/16 , SR101 though.

Off topic ( sorry OP).

The handles on the R7 & R9 make a lot of sense once you hold them. Great knives ! This is probably blasphemy around here .. but , I prefer the R7 / R9 handles to the Ratweilers ( chopwieler feels great too ).

The R5 deserves a mention as well.. 5 + Blade , 3/16 , SR101 though.

Must be a hand size thing.
I've handled R7 & R9 and they just didn't work for me.
R4, the moment I took it into my hand I didn't want to put it down.
R5... it's fine, but will never oust RMD

And as for Ratweiler's handle...

I'm a big fan of the Skinny Ash (medium hands). Great knife and it def is 3/16ths and they had magnum handles or at least mine does. I will say the swell on the tac handle hurts my palm a bit when chopping with the tank buster, but it may not with big bigger hands.

Back