Any Chinese Knives You Like and Would Recommend?

i own and use many. on the high end ive been impressed with my couple of we knives. most of the kershaw and spyderco and other bigger brands chinese made arent so bad for the price.

the ganzo firebirds and other autos. have a handful of them. cheap but they are hit and miss in quality. most work fine. others have lots of play that cannot be adjusted out. for the price point they arent bad at all. srms arent bad for the price either.

I've owned two sanrenmu 710's a few years ago. Thought they looked cool but they didn't function to my liking (tip snapped off trying to make belt hole) so I gave them away. Other than sanrenmu, I've owned some cold steel and gerber china and have not had a problem. Warranty is a feature I look at when buying a knife.

IMG_2339.jpg Vespa with M-390 blade and ball bearing pivot. SAK for size comparison.

BTW, your opening post really caught me off guard. Considering all of the terrorism taking place around the world, our first responders, soldiers, etc may actually have a "terrible" Independence Day. Lets try to show the folks risking their lives to protect ours a little respect by ditching the sarcasm.

This. Lots and lots of this. This is a respectful community. We have mods to lay the hammer down when needed, but for the most part, I think we do a decent job of self-policing. In that light, I'm politely asking you to please not be that guy.

If you want help, we'll gladly help. If you want to lash out at Hickory 'n Steel by wishing our nation's heros a terrible July 4th, I predict that you will not get the answers you seek, and your time here will be short.

Whoa whoa, calm down everyone, so much hatred on this poor thread.
To the OP, I've had 50+ Chinese knives and would recommend the next ones, by categories, including Chinese made knives from American companies: (some pics included)

Small: SRM6040, Gerber Paraframe Mini, SRM7010, Enlan Bee EM01, SRM 7021, Kershaw Shuffle, Byrd Tern

9Qr1h4j.jpg

Medium: SRM730T, SRM 7010, SR 0059A (assisted), Omuda 3917, HARNDS Nyx, Kershaw Cryo, Byrd Robin

SxDpmBJ.jpg

Large: FR62 (assisted), Navy K631, HARNDS Viper, ENLAN EL01, Cold Steel Kudu and Cold Steel Eland, Byrd Cara Cara 2, KaBar Dozier, CRKT Crawford Kasper, Kershaw Chill, Kershaw Skyline, Spyderco tenacious, Spyderco Resilience, ENLAN-Bee EL03A

DJvdeYG.jpg

idPRXcu.jpg

Fixed Blades: Pitbull TimberWolf fixed blade, CRKT Minimalists, CRKT Obake, CRKT Hissatsu, KaBar Piggyback

cW0rrYo.jpg

Multitools: Piranha Multitool, OUTU Scissors-Pliers tool, EGO Tools, Buck X-Tract, CRKT Get-A-Way, Gerber Dime, Paul Chen Multitasker, Boker Tech Tool

eOy0pgv.jpg

I've had some Ganzos, and many were nice for the price and decent quality, but many others were full of problems, It's the most inconsistent brand IME: I have had much better results with my Enlans, SanRenMus and Chinese Spydercos, Cold Steel, CRKTs and Gerbers.
The entire Byrd line deserves special mention as a high value, true bang for your buck brand.

Hey all,

In the last few days I have been nosing around on DHGate looking at all the knives available. One thing is sure, there are a plethora of knives both folders and fixed, available on these Chinese "amazon" sites.

I am thinking about picking up a couple just to see how they are. I'm not so much interested in the Microtech and Benchmade OTF copies. No way to tell how good, or bad they are and if you get a lemon, you're pretty much just stuck.

One that I have on my definite buy list is the GANZO FIREBIRD Auto. It has a 3.54" blade and it looks pretty nice. The reviews I saw on Youtube speak pretty highly of them in both the standard folder and the auto side opener model. The Auto is only about $18, so why not give it a try?

I'd like to know what you think of some of these Chinese knives. Do you own any and if so, which ones and how are they?
Are there any Chinese knives in AUTO form, side folder or fixed blade that you can recommend I look at? I'd like to order here in the next couple of days to get it started.

If you have any pics of your Chinese knives, I'd like to see them.

Thank you kindly for your time and help. Have a TERRIBLE 4th of July Holiday, especially if you are a soldier or VET. Police, Firemen as well as first responders too.

Larry
I own quite a few Ganzo's and for the money they are the best bang for your bucks out there. Just my opinion.
Hey all,

In the last few days I have been nosing around on DHGate looking at all the knives available. One thing is sure, there are a plethora of knives both folders and fixed, available on these Chinese "amazon" sites.

I am thinking about picking up a couple just to see how they are. I'm not so much interested in the Microtech and Benchmade OTF copies. No way to tell how good, or bad they are and if you get a lemon, you're pretty much just stuck.

One that I have on my definite buy list is the GANZO FIREBIRD Auto. It has a 3.54" blade and it looks pretty nice. The reviews I saw on Youtube speak pretty highly of them in both the standard folder and the auto side opener model. The Auto is only about $18, so why not give it a try?

I'd like to know what you think of some of these Chinese knives. Do you own any and if so, which ones and how are they?
Are there any Chinese knives in AUTO form, side folder or fixed blade that you can recommend I look at? I'd like to order here in the next couple of days to get it started.

If you have any pics of your Chinese knives, I'd like to see them.

Thank you kindly for your time and help. Have a TERRIBLE 4th of July Holiday, especially if you are a soldier or VET. Police, Firemen as well as first responders too.

Larry

You're EXACTLY right Hickory....I shouldn't have the gall to wish our soldiers and first responders a happy 4th......I changed it for ya.
All said was that it was a little ironic and seemed odd to me for you to wish a happy 4th of July after asking about Chinese made knives you should buy.

No need to have this kind of attitude, especially when it's not even July yet, you could've just if anything edited that part out and wished everyone a happy 4th in a few days in a different thread.

All said was that it was a little ironic and seemed odd to me for you to wish a happy 4th of July after asking about Chinese made knives you should buy.

No need to have this kind of attitude, especially when it's not even July yet, you could've just if anything edited that part out and wished everyone a happy 4th in a few days in a different thread.

"All you said..." was something off topic and inflammatory. I don't blame them for getting upset. Although the response was uncalled for as well.

Let's keep this on topic...

Hey Larry . I would normally have responded with encouragement and comment on how I like Ganzo . But , the 4 Jul comment , although provoked , is inexcusable to me . If you are not just a troll , please delete that trash talk .

T ThePeacent you would put the Kershaw Skyline in the large category? Personal preference of course, but id put it on the medium list towards the smaller end because of how slim and light it is.

Oh and it is a USA made model.;)

Dunno if anyone mentioned Stedemon yet.

I'm gonna have to check out this Sanrenmu...

SanRenMu's 7XXX series are probably the best ever. For less than $15 you get a modern folder with 8cr13mov or 12c27 steel that is super well-made and are typically world legal (2.5 - 3" blade length, models with an 'S' after the number are non-locking).

Cheaper than the 7Cr17, 8cr13mov and 9cr18mov folders that S&W and Schrade put out, and at better quality to boot. Basically, nobody can hope to compete with SanRenMu in this segment. Too bad their knives aren't all that easy to get out of China; I know of only 3 online sites that stock a healthy selection of SanRenMu knives, and their shipping is not reliable(a country that they can ship the knives to today may suddenly not eligible for doing so the next month).

Real Steel is basically an upmarket version of SanRenMu (they even have the same designers) with larger versions of certain SRM models, along with their own unique designs. Not my kind (I am strictly in the 2.5 - 3.3" blade length market), but I own a couple and they are very well made as well.

I like Rough Rider, and Boker Plus knives designed by Chad Los Banos, and recommend both brands. They are made in China for companies in the US and Europe.

I'm confused. Anyway, I'll declare I'm not American, but I stand with you guys.

I, for one, love my Kemersons, they are cheap, sharp, easy to sharpen and just do the job, and if you lose them, no biggie. They cost as much as an ok SAK.

Personally, I think the CQC-8K is the brain-deadest knife I have, open, use, blunt? resharpen just one side. Ergos are fantastic and it's not too powerful for bananas, just 8Cr13MoV.

The CQC-6K is probably better for fine work, being hollow ground and v micro beveled.

I also like my cheap, wall hanger Elk Ridge bowies. Yes, mystery steel, but they're only there to look good, so for the price, shrug... they're ok.

Check out Ruike knives. They have a bunch of original designs, well made, 14c28n steel and all at a great price.

Back