Any Chinese Knives You Like and Would Recommend?

the only reasons people buy the ganzos is cause they look like other knives. the only reason people know about them is because they send them free to reviewers monthly. this marketing blinds people.

for a few dollars more you can buy some really great knives that are better and original or come with lifetime warranty etc.

the only reasons people buy the ganzos is cause they look like other knives. the only reason people know about them is because they send them free to reviewers monthly. this marketing blinds people....

Wow... I honestly didn't know how many knife companies they ripped off. I knew at the back of my mind they were doing copies of BM's, never took much notice but this thread made me look again. PM2. RAT-1... I'm probably missing a few, aren't I

Reactions: Mo2
Real steel is a legit knife company out of china. They are doing it right. Great prices, they make a lot of their hardware in house too. Quality is where it should be.
What they said. The Real Steel I have rocks! I am definitely getting second Sea Eagle. Fantastic knife!! Especially for the price!

BTW what's the deal with asking about Chinese knives, then wishing everyone a happy 4th of July ?
No disrespect, But I find it kind of ironic and odd.

To give you perspective of what I mean, I'll be carrying my BUCK 110 every single day in July because to me it represents America and freedom. to have Chinese knives and the 4th of July mentioned together just seems wrong.
Agreed

Note: The OP has edited his original post in protest to a poster who harassed him for wishing our service people a good and happy 4th in a thread about Chinese knives. So let's leave that lie and just talk about the topic.
Frank R.

Hey all,

In the last few days I have been nosing around on DHGate looking at all the knives available. One thing is sure, there are a plethora of knives both folders and fixed, available on these Chinese "amazon" sites.

I am thinking about picking up a couple just to see how they are. I'm not so much interested in the Microtech and Benchmade OTF copies. No way to tell how good, or bad they are and if you get a lemon, you're pretty much just stuck.

One that I have on my definite buy list is the GANZO FIREBIRD Auto. It has a 3.54" blade and it looks pretty nice. The reviews I saw on Youtube speak pretty highly of them in both the standard folder and the auto side opener model. The Auto is only about $18, so why not give it a try?

I'd like to know what you think of some of these Chinese knives. Do you own any and if so, which ones and how are they?
Are there any Chinese knives in AUTO form, side folder or fixed blade that you can recommend I look at? I'd like to order here in the next couple of days to get it started.

If you have any pics of your Chinese knives, I'd like to see them.

Thank you kindly for your time and help. Have a TERRIBLE 4th of July Holiday, especially if you are a soldier or VET. Police, Firemen as well as first responders too.

Larry
You need to change your wishes towards soldiers, vets, police and fireman, period.

Hey all,

In the last few days I have been nosing around on DHGate looking at all the knives available. One thing is sure, there are a plethora of knives both folders and fixed, available on these Chinese "amazon" sites.

I am thinking about picking up a couple just to see how they are. I'm not so much interested in the Microtech and Benchmade OTF copies. No way to tell how good, or bad they are and if you get a lemon, you're pretty much just stuck.

One that I have on my definite buy list is the GANZO FIREBIRD Auto. It has a 3.54" blade and it looks pretty nice. The reviews I saw on Youtube speak pretty highly of them in both the standard folder and the auto side opener model. The Auto is only about $18, so why not give it a try?

I'd like to know what you think of some of these Chinese knives. Do you own any and if so, which ones and how are they?
Are there any Chinese knives in AUTO form, side folder or fixed blade that you can recommend I look at? I'd like to order here in the next couple of days to get it started.

If you have any pics of your Chinese knives, I'd like to see them.

Thank you kindly for your time and help. Have a TERRIBLE 4th of July Holiday, especially if you are a soldier or VET. Police, Firemen as well as first responders too.

Larry[/QUOTE]
Kizer Ki401X2, 4"+ blade CPM-S35V steel, same as Chris Reeve Sebbie steel

Last edited:
Chan Chi Kee (CCK) and Maestro Wu are the only two Chinese knife companies that pique my interest.

Rike 1701 (or RK1508 - 2nd anniversary model) is excellent, I have the plain and it sold out, but the version with CF inlays is still available.

Back