Any Clue What I Have Here?

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...-The-Chris-Reeve-Knives-Umfaan-A-Small-Review

CRK will not do any work to the blade. A re-issued bday card is better than none. They should ship it back in a generic box.
On their web page, they have a form you can print for the spa service. If you're going to sell it, as others have stated, keep it original with the scratches and all. If you plan on keeping it and want it to look new, see what they will do. They can do amazing work to make it look new.

Didn't realize this was the case with older and collectible CRKs. This is good to know.

It's true of all knives when it comes to serious collectors.

Maybe not a plain jane sebenza with no collector value, it'd be worth more with a factory refurb. But this knife is special to serious collectors.

Even when it comes to sharpening, manufacturers put it on a belt grinder and there goes a 1/2 millimeter of blade.

You don't need a reissued card to show it's real.

I'd clean it, carefully hand sharpen and use it. If it's never been back to the factory, it's original evrything, washers, screws, clip, etc. It has great trade value too if that floats your boat.

I agree with keeping it in its current state. It’ll vary by person, of course. But for me, if I know the knife, refurbishing it or getting a reissued birth card and neutral box won’t increase its value. But, some disagree.

So many devalue a knife if it has wear or is lacking papers/a box. CRK eliminates those burdens with the spa and warranty. Either way, nice knife ;)

It's true of all knives when it comes to serious collectors.

Maybe not a plain jane sebenza with no collector value, it'd be worth more with a factory refurb. But this knife is special to serious collectors.

Even when it comes to sharpening, manufacturers put it on a belt grinder and there goes a 1/2 millimeter of blade.

You don't need a reissued card to show it's real.

I'd clean it, carefully hand sharpen and use it. If it's never been back to the factory, it's original evrything, washers, screws, clip, etc. It has great trade value too if that floats your boat.

This is great to know. I guess I was thinking about it more in the usage perspective of send it to CRK, have them make it look pretty, and then pop it into my pocket and carry it. Having not owned a CRK with such high collector esteem as the Umfaan, I did not recognize how much original condition is cherished. Hope I didn't cause any confusion.

Back