Any fakes, clones or counterfeits on the open market

Last week I ordered a 3.5 (CPM20V, camo handles, tumble fasteners, with sheath in Spring FDE, no bow drill but with a ferro notch) then earlier this week a 5.1 (CPM3V, natural brown handles, black fasteners, no sheath available but will get black when available, no bow drill but with a ferro notch) off of Survives' web site, so I'm confident they will be the real thing :D. NO, I am not looking for a fake, clone or counterfeit knife, just wondering in case I come across one in the open market. Did a Google search and nothing came back, but you know how that can go. If there is any, is there any tell-tell signs to look for? Can we call Survive with the serial number? Been a long time lurker, finally took the plunge and registered. Thank you much.

Right now I think that SURVIVE makes a very popular product, but I feel like they sell to a small niche of cutlery collectors/users. There is a Lionsteel fixed blade that is very similar to a 5.1/6. Not to down play SURVIVE'S blades, but the designs are not all that ground breaking. It is the high quality of the production, top notch materials and combination of a bunch of practical design features that make them so nice.

For me the high end steel, the practical blade shape, the removable handles (especially in blaze g10), the stonewash, the nice kydex, a razor sharp factory grind, combined with supporting a small American company, make them worth the wait and the best knife out there.

I feel like right now the profit is in ripping off benchmade and spyderco folders, so we probably wont see any SK copies anytime soon

If its off their site you are all good. In the past they did all kinds of runs of stuff. Some with no jibbing no notch an no bow with some crazy colored handles. Ive been up to SK many time an just hung out and talk shop with them for hours their shop is huge. So If i had to guess i bet they found a box of blank 5.1's while they were packing up to make the move. Then put what ever handles on it they had an then put a edge on it then put it up on the site. If I had to guess.

On one of those auction sites, I picked up a Necker 2 at a decent price. One fastener, looks like he tried to remove the coating and do a tumble finish. Easy enough to fix that. It's still in the mail system, or lets hope it is. Serial number 014 :)

On one of those auction sites, I picked up a Necker 2 at a decent price. One fastener, looks like he tried to remove the coating and do a tumble finish. Easy enough to fix that. It's still in the mail system, or lets hope it is. Serial number 014 :)

One fastener?! Please email workshop@surviveknives.com with some photos when you get that knife, I would be very interested in seeing what went down with that coating situation. It sounds like it has been through a lot in a very short period of time.

Ellie, please disregard. It was just the lighting or something in the pic that made the fastener look that way. Received it today (posted 2 pics in the thread about the New Necker 2) and everything is perfect. This is going to replace the ESEE Izula 2 as my fixed blade EDC.

Ellie, please disregard. It was just the lighting or something in the pic that made the fastener look that way. Received it today (posted 2 pics in the thread about the New Necker 2) and everything is perfect. This is going to replace the ESEE Izula 2 as my fixed blade EDC.

Good news!

I thought a load of 5's got 'lost' coming back from the HT. I thought it showed up on flea bay under another makers name with some sub par scales and no sheath.

I hope that the flea bags seling them on fleabay are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I had never sen them in this G10 handle scales: From EEEBAY!

Not trying to stir up some "sheet"! All you old school Survivors!: so was this GSO legit?

Back