Any G-Shock fans out there?

I know in the recent “What watches do CRK people wear?” Thread, many people uploaded photos of their G-Shocks. Just thought it would be fun to upload/talk about your G-Shocks, along with any new/upcoming watches! :)

(I’ll upload pictures of my Shock later)

I love my Gs! I currently own two:

GAS-100MBC-1A, from the Neo Tokyo series
nYGltaI.jpg

Rangeman 9400-1
MVQXqf3.jpg

The Rangeman is my hiking/camping watch. Clear and readable, MB6 timekeeping, solar of course -- and the barometer and altimeter both come in handy.

The GAS-100 has an excellent dual-light (backlit LCDs and LED for the dial), which isn't true of all ana-digi Gs, and I love the stealthy color scheme and midnight dial. The Neo Tokyo series were inspired by Akira (and other anime) and the neon-lit streets of Tokyo at night.

Big fan.
Currently a classic space watch DW5600 and one of the later generation of that same watch GWM5600, which might be my favorite. Solar and radio controlled. Nothing to fiddle with and bulletproof. A serious contender for a one watch scenario, if there ever was one.

Also a chunky GPW1000 GPS G Shock. Awesome watch wihich is excellent for travelling, which I used to do quite a bit prior to the current debacle. Deplane in a different timezone half way around the World, push a button the watch sets to the current timezone. Works a charm. GPS, atomic, solar - the works.

I like the latter watch for several features, which came/come in handy but keep returning to the GWM5600. Its just so slim and wears so nice. You forget its there, until you need it.

Nice watches so far!

Dadpool Dadpool
That Rangeman is super nice. For my next G, a thermometer, barometer, and altimeter are a must.

Here is my GD-350 3403 Space Grey variation, with my Ontario Utilitac II:
6105BD62-0D8D-4261-8603-017DC8D85C14 by PheonixKingZ ., on Flickr

6E6032BA-4554-4ED2-86E0-204FD5613100 by PheonixKingZ ., on Flickr

E246ABDA-6894-4717-A393-31E92406FB59 by PheonixKingZ ., on Flickr
Some claim this watch is “old” and not “cool looking”, but I don’t care. It’s very functional, and suits me on a day to day basis. Regular time (24hr for me), 50+ world times, vibration alarm, stop watch, and count down timer, which is rare for most watches.

Edit: I wear my watch “upside down” (as in on the under side of my wrist). I naturally have smallish wrists, so wearing a bulky G-Shock on it really isn’t that appealing... lol...

I also find it easier to check the time that way - uses a lot less muscles.

Last edited:
I was considering a solar watch, for my next G. Ever worried that the solar may not work? Or that you have to “charge” it every day?

Also, it won’t charge under inside room lights, correct?

I was considering a solar watch, for my next G. Ever worried that the solar may not work? Or that you have to “charge” it every day?

I think I remember reading in the instructions, which are long gone, that when fully charged the watch will operate for 90 days without a charge, and it only requires 5-15 minutes of sunlight daily to stay fully charged. And yes, indoor lights will recharge it, but it takes much longer. Another thing that helps is that it has an energy saving mode that shuts off the display if there's no movement in a certain amount of time. Like when you're sleeping.

Another thing about mine is the atomic function. It connects to a satellite each night & downloads the official time. It's nice having the absolute, correct time, all the time.

That’s very good, 15min of charge time for 90 days.

I also like the satellite time. My next G will definitely have these features!

May look into getting one of the newer models... any suggestions that have the requirements stated above?

Ever worried that the solar may not work? Or that you have to “charge” it every day?

Indoor light works just fine. If the charge level is on high you can go a long time without charging it, but just leaving it somewhere that it gets consistent indoor light -- or even just indirect outdoor light -- will keep it topped up.

With a new one, just put it in the sun (keeping an eye on its temperature) for a couple hours when it arrives and you should be set.

Both of my solar Gs stay charged from indoor light and/or being in a room with a window, hassle-free. :)

That’s very good, 15min of charge time for 90 days.

I also like the satellite time. My next G will definitely have these features!

May look into getting one of the newer models... any suggestions that have the requirements stated above?

Mine's a GW-6900. I think I paid $50 for it, but looking on the "big river" site they're up to about $90 now.

My GD-350 says 5 years before having to change the battery, but I bought mine new. No clue how long the guy had it before me.

Love my G, I wore it for years on the job, I’ve semi retired it for now. I did have to replace the battery once at about the 10 year point and those rechargeable ones are pricey compared to a normal watch battery, 25-30 bucks if I remember right. Nice thing is that it’s always charged, the time is always correct, when I want to wear it it’s grab and go.DBBBC419-4168-40F4-AB2D-8D57726FD82D.jpeg

I have had great experiences with GShocks for many years. They can take a beating and not once have failed on me.

Farming, hunting, diving, chainsaw/axe work, motorcycle and atv riding, hiking, trail running, playing drums, etc.

No problems. The only negative I can think of is the inability to easily change the bands to an aftermarket option.
C1E76CF8-75FC-4500-8139-3CE8852A4E04.jpeg

Knives&Lint Knives&Lint
Awesome Gshock collection! The color coordination is very cool. The pic with the red surefire is stellar.

That Boba Fett 940...damn, wicked awesome!

I've got one Gshock, was my daily wear for a couple years.

Amazing collection man! :thumbsup: :cool:

That one Benchmade knife really matches Boba-Fett well!

What is the model of the last one again?

Knives&Lint Knives&Lint
Awesome Gshock collection! The color coordination is very cool. The pic with the red surefire is stellar.

That Boba Fett 940...damn, wicked awesome!

I've got one Gshock, was my daily wear for a couple years.

Thanks fellas! Yea, the Boba Fett was the most fun to make I think (both the Rangeman and the 940).

The one in the last pic is the GWG-1000 Mudman. I longer have it but it was a cool watch

Ah, yes, the 1000 Mudman!

Wait, you made that watch!?

I have had great experiences with GShocks for many years. They can take a beating and not once have failed on me.

Farming, hunting, diving, chainsaw/axe work, motorcycle and atv riding, hiking, trail running, playing drums, etc.

No problems. The only negative I can think of is the inability to easily change the bands to an aftermarket option.
View attachment 1419645
Nice GD-350! :D Old/classic, but one of the best. :thumbsup:

Wait, you made that watch!?

Yea, the Boba Fett Rangeman is a custom I made. I used gel filters for the colors on the display, swapped various parts from different models, painted the letters on the bezel, and finally scuffed it all up to give it that Boba Fett effect. Most of the ones posted except for the last three and the grey camo were customs, and the Joker one which was a limited edition. All of the other colored displays I did myself. The blue Frogman was built completely from parts from a few years back when parts were readily available. It was a fun little hobby tinkering with them.

Back