Any G-Shock fans out there?

Yea, the Boba Fett Rangeman is a custom I made. I used gel filters for the colors on the display, swapped various parts from different models, painted the letters on the bezel, and finally scuffed it all up to give it that Boba Fett effect. Most of the ones posted except for the last three and the grey camo were customs, and the Joker one which was a limited edition. All of the other colored displays I did myself. The blue Frogman was built completely from parts from a few years back when parts were readily available. It was a fun little hobby tinkering with them.
That does sound like a lot of fun. You have a gift with photography!! :thumbsup:

I finally broke down a couple of years ago and bought a G Shock, nothing fancy just needed a back up, my Seamaster needed service. Never sent in the Seamaster and wear the G Shock when a watch is needed.

large.jpg

I was considering a solar watch, for my next G. Ever worried that the solar may not work? Or that you have to “charge” it every day?

Also, it won’t charge under inside room lights, correct?

The solar has died on me once before and took a while to fully recharge. The meter doesn't work so good to let you know you are low. Since then I haven't had any problems just giving it a few minutes of natural light every day. Direct sun will heat up the watch so you have to be careful not to just leave it outside.

I wear a Casio G-Shock pretty much every day. They fit my budget and I really like not worrying about getting them a little wet from time to time. I have one that I have been procrastinating replacing the band. I have a band for it but have been lazy. Other watches have been sitting unused.

I do like the analog type face, but I have been wearing a straight digital. My analog face Casio only displays the date, but not the day of the week. Sometimes I forget what day of the week it is if I am at home. Been at home a lot since Covid-19 hit in March.

That is why I like the dual time G’s a lot. That way, you can read it digital or analog.

I wear a Casio G-Shock pretty much every day. They fit my budget and I really like not worrying about getting them a little wet from time to time.
That was a big one for me. Most other watches I had, were cheap and condensed when I got them a little wet. Not my G-Shock. I swim, shower, sleep, etc. with this thing.

The only way I see water getting into my watch, is if I push buttons under water.

I can’t stand digital watches, and never considered a G-Shock because of it. Same with an Apple Watch, other smart watch, or a FitBit, etc. I just like wearing an old school, analog watch.

But...
I’ve been strongly considering a G-Shock in the last few years. Never realized until recently that you could get analog dials on one, plus I like all the various functionality you can get in them. Used to have a FitBit, but couldn’t wear it with a watch, but I think a G might be able to bridge that gap for me.

So what would you guys recommend in one? I’d want hour/minute hands, and some sort of fitness tracking - steps counter, heart rate, etc. Syncing with a phone would be nice, but not a must have, and same goes for GPS. Primarily I’d be using it for knocking around in the woods, long hikes, workouts, or anytime else I don’t want to chance beating up one of my nicer watches.

I wish I could tell y'all a place for them but I know I can't. That is where I got Japanese ones. They hardly ever have them though. They are not all expensive. Still some special ones. I just like things to hold their value.
I tend to like the square face. I think there are different number series for them? I honestly prefer to wear them then a costly Automatic.

I love analog watches. My first few watches had to be wound daily, but quartz watches and digital watches came out in the 1970's that were more accurate. But I love the way many of the G-Shock watches look. And I hear they take a lot of abuse. I bought one last year, but it didn't come with an instruction booklet. You have to look it up online, apparently. Very complicated and confusing. Never could figure it out. I returned it and ordered a Citizen analog watch: just hour, minute, and second hands, plus the date. Don't even need instructions to use. But I think I will try the G-Shock again. I think some of the models must be simple to use.

I love analog watches. My first few watches had to be wound daily, but quartz watches and digital watches came out in the 1970's that were more accurate. But I love the way many of the G-Shock watches look. And I hear they take a lot of abuse. I bought one last year, but it didn't come with an instruction booklet. You have to look it up online, apparently. Very complicated and confusing. Never could figure it out. I returned it and ordered a Citizen analog watch: just hour, minute, and second hands, plus the date. Don't even need instructions to use. But I think I will try the G-Shock again. I think some of the models must be simple to use.

I had the same problem with the instructions. Watched a YouTube video on my model and it made setting the watch a lot easier.

It really is not hard on most models. Honestly if you are talking about the likes of Omega or IWC it is not a fair comparison. These are "fashion" watches. I like them just the same. Even a good Seiko is a better watch, but who cares.

Hi guys,

I am huge fan of G-Shock watches. Over the years I’ve had different models and G-Shocks never failed me. My go-to G-Shock are oldish solar 6900 or JDM 5610. I am planning to get fully analog G-Shock Aviation and JDM ProTrek.

I may have a bit of a weakness for the solar atomic G Shocks. Rock solid and carefree ;)

4zgMSYZ.jpg

Are there any G-shocks that have a width of 40-44mm and aren't quite so thick?

Back