Any good belts deals

I've got a bunch of knives going out for Christmas and will be looking to restock.

Any good deals to be had. Ie. New customer or bulk order deals or promo codes out there to be had?

Agree with Stacy (as usual) and second Pop's as a good source of belts. As a rule he's got about the best price around on belts, AND his shipping costs are very reasonable. Don't sweat the shipping cost that shows in cart as it's usually high. Pop will correct that and you'll see less shipping charge on order most of time. Pop and his wife are great folks.

I have found good deals on aluminum oxide belts on amazon. I have yet to see ceramics. The free shipping is nice if you just need one grit. They offer 80 120 240 and 400.

Pop is great to deal with. Once I made the mistake of buying some belts off E-bay. They had a cheap price and were cheap belts. I bought 5 36 grit Zircona and three of them broke at the splice as soon as I turned the grinder on.

Thanks Guys. I haven't tried Pops but will have to give him a call.

I was just curious if there was anything out there for bulk purchases. That being said, my idea of bulk may be different than the more experienced makers here.

every once in a awhile there is overstock on eBay
for ex, I bought some 1 1/2"x72 40 Grit Norton R981 recently, I bought 50 belts at about $2.50 each shipped.
you may not want to use a 1 1/2" for bevels but it works for everything else such as profiling etc.

He has Blaze for 6.75 and VSM for 4. It doesn't get much cheaper. He also has great prices on corbys and micarta and steel. Hia corbys are cheaper by the pair than what some the places charge per each. He doesn't have a lot of steel selection but what he has is probably a 3rd lower than what other steel companies have it priced at. I got a 3'X2"x.140" for $62 Besides the prices the service is great.

Some here like combat abrasives... Great prices, veteran discount, and free shipping over a certain amount (along with bulk discounts). But I found they didn't work for me personally, unfortunately. I did take Stacy's advise and picked up some of the blue zirc/alox combination economy belts from pops and have never looked back superb value for the money (60 grit is about $2 and they hold up great).

I've been a big proponent of Combat Abrasives because I think their AO belts are excellent and in bulk quantities of 48 are only $1.49 ea. I typically order 48 of 120, 220, 400, and 24 of 40 and 80 ceramic.

I can no longer recommend them because the last order I made they substituted random weight and brand belts for all my AO grits. The 120s are so curled I can't even use them on bevels. I complained and to their benefit they replied and have tried to make it right with some free belts and discounts, but if I can't trust that i'm going to get exactly what I ordered when I drop $500 on belts, i'm going to go elsewhere.

Back to Pop's more than likely.

Back