Any Honk Falls Collectors?

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
FWIW Honk Falls Knife Company was in Napanoch, NY. They were open from 1921 to 1929, when the place burned to the ground.

I have one specimen, which came down from my grandfather to father to me. Lovely two blade, bone-handled saddlehorn trapper.

Anybody out there have or collect Honk Falls knives?

Not me way down here in Mexico City, but I guess that very likely our good friend LT from the Schrade Collectors forum knows about them.

Luis

Here's a halfway decent picture of the one I have:

HonkFalls.jpg

nice pattern! Heck yeah I would collect them if I could find one to buy. I've seen very few Honk Falls knives.

Asked LT if he'd comment a couple of weeks ago. No response.

No problem deltaboy, let's see if some more specimens or collectors surface. Always great to see some old rare cutlery!

For some reason, I cannot see your picture, Guyon!!!!????

I pulled it up on a Google Search since I got frost Stock man called a Honk Falls.

I pulled it up on a Google Search since I got frost Stock man called a Honk Falls.

Frost owns the rights to the name. But they have no relation to the original company which produced knives in the USA, not China. The original company was around from 1921-1939 (Guyon made a typo in the original post).

There's a topic on Rough Rider and similar foreign made knives may be a better fit for the knives from Frost:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/582468-Rough-Rider-amp-Related-Slipjoints

Stock knives are a good pattern and one of my favorites, especially because they have both clip and sheepfoot blades.

FWIW Honk Falls Knife Company was in Napanoch, NY. They were open from 1921 to 1929, when the place burned to the ground.

I have one specimen, which came down from my grandfather to father to me. Lovely two blade, bone-handled saddlehorn trapper.

Anybody out there have or collect Honk Falls knives?

Sorry I have no idea how to use this forum really.. I just saw your post about honk falls knives and I recently got one and was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me about the company? I've never heard of them and wasn't having much luck searching about them.. Again I apologize about not knowing how to go about using this forum

Just found this post. A little a little late but I have been researching the company for awhile now. Found some cool info if there is interest.

Honk Falls knives are hard to come by, what with the short-lived factory and fire!!
Here is a relic from that fire!! The bone on the pile side is charred, and the knife was never honed/sharpened!!😲 I feel lucky to have two of these rare knives regardless of condition!!;)Honk Relic 1.jpgHonk Relic 2.jpgHonk Relic 3.jpg

Very nice HF examples Charlie! If I am not mistaken, one of those HFs, I believe you found (Serpentine Jack?) at an OKCA show a few years ago. I was there when you found it at the bottom of an old box of knives you were going through😉 Here is one I have like your small coke bottle Jack pictured above although yours is certainly more historically interesting.

James (Jay) nice to see you posting over here! I hope you post some of your Honk Falls knives on this thread for others to see, admire and enjoy:) For those who don’t know James Counsellor, he has done quite a lot of research on the Honk Falls cutlery company. Over a few years or more Jay has accumulated a treasure trove of research and knives from this somewhat enigmatic
knife maker.
FA421BEA-3F84-4212-A6ED-32FBE94A5C93.jpeg33C90DBC-D52C-4C0D-A34F-294BA5EB3E8D.jpegB6199771-A201-494F-8785-9ABC6F27D653.jpeg

Last edited:
Back