Any ideas for the next Group Buy?

3.Black Ash Burl over black liners & orange pinstripes

Anyone have an example of this combo? The orange will be the deciding factor for me in the GB tomorrow, so if anyone has a pic of the Black Ash Burl with orange, I’d appreciate it.

best I can do at the moment Lady1911 Lady1911

2v2EfQPRNxurAoi.jpg

I’m stuck, both camp and Kephart are on my wanted list..... I will probably make my mind up 10seconds before I hit. “Post reply”
I use the snot out of my Kephart, for what it’s worth. It stays in my little “bushcraft bag” with a firebox stove and fire kit. I’ve batoned with it, shaved feather sticks and fatwood, etc. The blade shape is great, and it’s a good all-purpose knife for around camp.

I’m still torn on handle options for my knife of choice. Leaning toward black ash, but I do love some nice DIW....ugh! ;)

This is a tough one for me. I've been wanting a Camp knife for a while and I've been watching for the right one. I'm not sure if I'll like the stainless over the A2. I really like the spalting on the A2. And the Camp knife has a huge blade with lots of spalting. I guess I'll be thinking about it all day to try and make up my mind. That black ash burl is sweet!

Yes
They will come with sheaths..
Im waiting on some Duke sheaths(i only have a couple) so there might a delay if we have a big call on them...but it wont delay whomever from getting the knife

Choosing handle for the Duke is a quandry- he is all business and a matte stainless, so natural canvas suits his personality. But Osage is a great alternative to NC in a wood. Then there is that awesome burl- but maybe it is like white sox with brown dress shoes??

Isn't it nice to be saddled with such a tough choice? ;)

Bill

Choosing handle for the Duke is a quandry- he is all business and a matte stainless, so natural canvas suits his personality. But Osage is a great alternative to NC in a wood. Then there is that awesome burl- but maybe it is like white sox with brown dress shoes??

Isn't it nice to be saddled with such a tough choice? ;)

Bill
I like the way you perfectly described it as “white socks with brown dress shoes.” :D Maybe so, or maybe it won’t even matter in the big scheme of things. But even though I didn’t have your words to describe it, that’s exactly why I had my doubts. A nice burly burl can make a knife look great, no matter how it’s lined/striped.

Back