Any ideas for the next Group Buy?

I don't like tiny knives. Anything under a 3" blade and under 7" oal is a toy and a good folder can replace in my rotation. I'm in the woods with my blades which are users. I don't buy to carry in the office to open letters and boxes. I find knives like the runt, Esquire or any 3 finger knife to be completely useless. Sorry to rattle you knife collectors as I'm not a collector but a user.

Yay! More for me!

Seriously, I kind of see your point. Under 3” of blade length and a folder is a fine way to go. I still rotate a CRK folder in when I want something thin and light. Still, it doesn’t do anything more than my small FF’s, isn’t as comfortable in the hand, and it does take more time to maintain. So in general, I prefer small fixed blades for most applications when I leave the home.

At home or in the woods, I love me a 4” blade 8.5”+ OAL knife.

Lil lady in Blackwood sounds cool. White pinstripes?
Okay, I’ve been poking/looking around.
While Blackwood is still an option I’d love to see, Buckeye Burl over natural with white pinstripes is an awesome combo, too.

Buckeye over natural and blue, DIW over natural and blue, Osage over natural and blue, OD over natural and blue...all good combos, natural and white liners are also a favorite. Also, most dark woods over thick natural liners is great looking.
All of these! :thumbsup: There’s just something about the buckeye burl with natural liners and blue stripes, though. It adds a classy, unique look.

Congrats to those of you who were hoping for a Gaucho Group Buy! Looks like you've gotten your wish. :thumbsup:

Hope y'all have as much fun following the process as I did on the HB group buy. Maybe better luck next time for the Useless Toy Knife lovers out there....:p

^ Likewise
The Gaucho is a great-looking model, no question, but I have my Bush Hermit and Lady Finger in the 4” blade range and my typical uses mostly call for knives in the 3 - 3.5” range...

Although, for food prep... a thin Gaucho?
Thankfully, we have all weekend :)

Last edited:
Oh man. Wow! I’m really excited that the Gaucho is the next group buy. But what options to choose? A2 for a nice patina and the spalting, or AEB-L for more worry-free stainless care? Osage because I’ve been wanting an Osage handle, or G-10 or micarta for the more worry-free properties again?

Decisions decisions.

Sweet that the Gaucho made the cut! This is my favorite knife at the moment and all of the choices are great it will be hard to choose if I log in on time.

Back