Any ideas for the next Group Buy?

^ Likewise
The Gaucho is a great-looking model, no question, but I have my Bush Hermit and Lady Finger in the 4” blade range and my typical uses mostly call for knives in the 3 - 3.5” range...
My thoughts exactly! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

While I'm sure the Gaucho is a great knife, I can't imagine anything with a 4" blade fitting my hand better than the Ladyfinger. Something about that sleek, sexy curve starting from the very back of the handle and seamlessly flowing into a 4" blade just works for me like no other. Leverage, balance, FEEL in hand = perfection. And the all-purpose versatility of the Lil Lady - kitchen, utility, woods, dressing game/fish, camping, fire prep, etc - is unrivaled by others in the 3-3.5" range. Plus, they are beautiful to look at....

Back from my tangent into Lady-land.....

I hope all of you Gaucho guys will get a spot in the Buy on Monday! The handle choices are pretty cool, and I'm sure it will be a tough decision for some. I'll be cheering y'all on from the sidelines!

....and saving my pennies for Blade, possibly. :D

The Gaucho looks like a great knife, but a little too kitcheny for what I'd be looking for at this point. I have not really gotten too into using my EDCs for food prep although that might be something I'll get into at some point. I mostly only prep food in my kitchen, and I just use the kitchen knives at hand when I'm doing so.

Has there ever been a Monarch group buy? That is definitely a model I can see myself getting in on. A wood handled (blackwood, DIW, Osage, or some kind of burl) Monarch with a 3/32" to 1/8" swedged tapered tang in A2 or 154 would be sweet!!! If not wood, then maybe a darker burlap or mircarta would be very nice as well (maybe a commando even). I'm very intrigued by this model as well as all the models along these lines (swedged Esquire, ASP, Big Sneaky, Sneaky Pete).

I can also see myself getting in on an OS Karda group buy!

The Gaucho looks like a great knife, but a little too kitcheny for what I'd be looking for at this point. I have not really gotten too into using my EDCs for food prep although that might be something I'll get into at some point. I mostly only prep food in my kitchen, and I just use the kitchen knives at hand when I'm doing so.

Has there ever been a Monarch group buy? That is definitely a model I can see myself getting in on. A wood handled (blackwood, DIW, Osage, or some kind of burl) Monarch with a 3/32" to 1/8" swedged tapered tang in A2 or 154 would be sweet!!! If not wood, then maybe a darker burlap or mircarta would be very nice as well (maybe a commando even). I'm very intrigued by this model as well as all the models along these lines (swedged Esquire, ASP, Big Sneaky, Sneaky Pete).

I can also see myself getting in on an OS Karda group buy!

The Gaucho is only the second model offered via group buy. Totally new way to get Fiddleback knives!

Good luck in the group buy today, y’all!!

I think the steel choice would be a tough decision if I was participating. Guess it depends on the intended use, but 3/32” A2 would be hard to resist, even though the AEB-L is tempting. Ah well....I’m curious to see what combinations get chosen. :)

Good luck in the group buy today, y’all!!

I think the steel choice would be a tough decision if I was participating. Guess it depends on the intended use, but 3/32” A2 would be hard to resist, even though the AEB-L is tempting. Ah well....I’m curious to see what combinations get chosen. :)

It is funny that you say that because late last night and even now I am flip flopping between the two. At first I didn't realize there was an option but after actually reading the post I might be leaning A2. I still have some time to figure it out. Do I try to fit it in with the ones I have or just let the new one bump another and even force a sale? It will be interesting to see what everyone picks. I really liked the Natural Canvas HB last group buy.

I want to get in on that Gaucho buy for a G10 commando real bad! I need to save my knife funds for Blade Show though!!!

Decided to hold out for a Handyman should a group buy ever materialize for this model.......one of my all time favorites !

Already own two 3/32" Gaucho's, one in CPM-154 and the other in A2 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

As a friend of mine in GA would say "if you don't already have one you gotta get you some" :D

Last edited:
I'm Getting in on this group buy. AEB-L with Natural Micarta scales.

Wondering what style of sheath I should make for it. :D

something with a concho on it
LOL!! Since it's more of a kitchen knife, I'm thinking about a Low profile sheath that can be adapted for multiple carry options if the user wants. Modular neck knife kind of sheath.

LOL!! Since it's more of a kitchen knife, I'm thinking about a Low profile sheath that can be adapted for multiple carry options if the user wants. Modular neck knife kind of sheath.
the original name of it was the " Gwntleman's Steak Knife"....gotta have it in something looking good as you head out to get some grilled beef:D

Me three.... OR we all three just go for it. Add three g10’s to their list and discuss with anticipation over a beverage at BLADE?! ;):thumbsup:

just a thought
it might be a "sign"
i just got this shirt in today
2v2JkNd94xurAoi.jpg

the original name of it was the " Gwntleman's Steak Knife"....gotta have it in something looking good as you head out to get some grilled beef:D

That won't be a problem. The sheath I'm envisioning will look quite nice for staying in or going out. ;)

Only a few spots left for the Goucho. Perhaps the first model shanked with they come up for sale on Fridays.

Warrior108 Warrior108 you sucked me in by suggesting the g10... so if you’re waiting for me to go first.... there are only 5 slots left! Odaon Odaon where you at? Ok - I’m in. Headed over to the thread now. Ah, black g10 on a fiddleback! :cool:

Last edited:
Back