Any ideas for the next Group Buy?

The peer pressure! Oh man, it's hard to resist!

Ah,...just having fun with this since a gaucho has been in my crosshairs ever since @Comprehensivist posted that killer review. And the Warrior108 Warrior108 g10 recommendation pushed me over the edge since its super durable stuff. But there are only 3 slots left. Now THAT’s pressure!

If it doesn’t work for you after you get it, this model will sell fast in the flea market. They don’t last.

Ah,...just having fun with this since a gaucho has been in my crosshairs ever since @Comprehensivist posted that killer review. And the Warrior108 Warrior108 g10 recommendation pushed me over the edge since its super durable stuff. But there are only 3 slots left. Now THAT’s pressure!
I was really considering it hard, but had to go make dinner. Unfortunately, fortunately for my Blade stash, I missed out on the last few spots. Excited to see these finished up .

Congrats to the Fiddleback crew for a sellout, and congrats to all the folks who snagged a new Gentleman’s Steak Knife! :thumbsup:

Since @VANCE has started a new thread specific to the Gaucho Buy, I hope this thread can be resurrected one day when it’s time for the next one. There were some good discussions and opinions presented.

Lots of cool patterns that were mentioned here are still awaiting their chance for a group buy, ie OS Karda, Lil Lady, Bushboot/Babyboot, et al. And since it’s mutually beneficial for Fiddleback Forge as well as the community here, I’m optimistic that everyone will have a shot at getting The One They Want in the future.

Thanks to @Fiddleback and @VANCE for listening, and caring. :)

Congrats to the Fiddleback crew for a sellout, and congrats to all the folks who snagged a new Gentleman’s Steak Knife! :thumbsup:

Since @VANCE has started a new thread specific to the Gaucho Buy, I hope this thread can be resurrected one day when it’s time for the next one. There were some good discussions and opinions presented.

Lots of cool patterns that were mentioned here are still awaiting their chance for a group buy, ie OS Karda, Lil Lady, Bushboot/Babyboot, et al. And since it’s mutually beneficial for Fiddleback Forge as well as the community here, I’m optimistic that everyone will have a shot at getting The One They Want in the future.

Thanks to @Fiddleback and @VANCE for listening, and caring. :)

There really was a lot of Gaucho interest both in this thread and out of it. Five came up for sale recently with vendors and Fiddleback Friday and all sold instantly. There was a DI version that resold twice on the FM without any effort as well. I am surprised that 21 showed up for this knife yesterday but it I was sure that a handful of people had no second thoughts about this knife.

The OS Karda looked like it had quite a bit of momentum and it seems like the baby boots sell fast although I really am not paying attention to all of the models.

Last edited:
Has anyone suggested the Reaper yet? How has that model been received? I’d be really interested in that one

I’d be happy to see something in the sub-3.5” category for the next one.
But......
I still can’t shake the idea of a matching set group buy. Ladyfinger/Lil Lady set or Bushboot/Babyboot set. I’d also be on board for a Monarch/Esquire set, Elf/Patch (if I’m not mistaken, these are siblings), or The Kardas. This way, we’d get the best of both worlds. Of course, it’s double-work for Andy and Crew, as well as double-money for us.....but I do believe there would be some among us who would gladly sign up for that.

I’d be happy to see something in the sub-3.5” category for the next one.
But......
I still can’t shake the idea of a matching set group buy. Ladyfinger/Lil Lady set or Bushboot/Babyboot set. I’d also be on board for a Monarch/Esquire set, Elf/Patch (if I’m not mistaken, these are siblings), or The Kardas. This way, we’d get the best of both worlds. Of course, it’s double-work for Andy and Crew, as well as double-money for us.....but I do believe there would be some among us who would gladly sign up for that.

The Patch is actually part of the Recluse family.

Patch>Recluse>Leuku

I think the Elf is like their skinny cousin.

Sets will be tough for the forge and the buyers that would prefer one or the other.

Sets will be tough for the forge and the buyers that would prefer one or the other.
You’re absolutely right. It was merely wishful thinking on my part.

Besides, people who want matching sets can just get them as they show up at dealers or in the Flea Market. Easy peasy.

Never mind.

Back