Any Info About A 225h

"H" stands for hole. I don't have one yet so I can't tell you too much. The knife that is. Larry (otherwise known as LRV) is the man when it comes to these folding hunters. Check the collectors-of-schrades-r-us site for the fliers. This is where tho pooled fliers and ads go to roost. He'll likely be in here sometime tonight and can give you the lowdown on these.

http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/

Codger

G'Day, If you're referring to the 225OT, I'm holding one in my hand right now. Mint, Ducks Unlimited, Large Full sabre clip and large locking saw blade. 5 1/4" closed. Brass linings,nickel silver bolsters. High Carbon Steel blades.
Normally have sawcut Delrin Scales <handles>,however mine has Timber scales with brass duck head motif.
Robert Clemente states First date of production 1990 and last date 1992.
Last catalog price US$59.95
Designated "Son-of -a- Gun" ,Robert states this model is the grandson of the older 225 and 225H.
The Special Saw blade was designed to cut on the pull and not on the push.This saw blade extends beyond the rear butt of the handle creating a pull tab for opening. Info courtesy of Robert Clemente.
Trust some of this may help. Hoo Roo from Oz.

This Was A Big Help. One More Question, What Is The Difference
Between Sawcut Delrin And Timber Scales? Mine Has A Dark
Handle With Small Cuts All Over. But It Does Not Have A Saw Blade,
Just The Two Normal Blades And No Ducks Unlimited Seal.
Any More Help Would Be Great.

My old Yellow handled 225 is pictured in the Collector's of Schrades R Us site in the collector's corner section under Paul the Sheath Maker. It's an old knife and although it has the hole I guess it came before the "H" designation. There is also a trhead discussing it if you want to search for it.

Paul

The 225 number has been abused for many years by Schrade (my opinion)
The 225/225H were the original 2 bladed hunters. For some yet to be explained reason (there are a lot of these!) they converted it to a 25OT when introducing it to the Old Timers line. A 125OT/126OT has a single blade.
Now they really messed with us and made a 225OT that has the same main blade as the original 225 and changed the thinned blade for a saw tooth.

Larry303. There is a special Canadian DU version 225OT with wooden handles and the Brass duck head. Came in a nice display box too. I think I have a picture of it in the 2000 area of the flyers.

Dates? I'll have to go home to check them. Roberts book is where I'd start.

Ok Im tired...
TTYL
Larry

Back