Any Interest in a BESS Sharpness Competition?

Is it a new stainless steel??? And which tester do you have? The A, B, or C model? I might have to get one so I can be sure my offering is worthy.
mYvkJbc.png

well well, another learning curve to climb.
I'm in the grand stands, walking the track, checking out the in field concessions and drooling at the factory unobtainium watching-:thumbsup:

Well I'm happy we have two competitors, you two guys rock.

Glad to see theres a few folks with some moxie here.

We'll see if anyone else steps up for the last spot by the time I get the blades done.

If not we'll find someone from another place.

The announcement- inspired poetry.
road circuit not oval, civil sunrise we flocked, no traffic, watch for helicopter's (we told you that's not fair, wait just the news), coveys of quail, fox, beaver, otter, deer n pigs n bear, back n forth across the coastal range for breakfast; then up an over the ranges, Sierra's / Cascade's / Tehachapi's / Baja's for dinner; the back marker privateer's on their pace for the joy of dancing with gravity; corner workers and communications volunteer, leaders lap n lead. Remember, tell the young, we compete and not everyone gets a prize, but you best understand: Mars, Paris to Dakar, Isle of Man, Baja, ..., Ocean of Fire, ....., 776BC Olympics, "men of renown," in our image n likeness.

Well M Mr.Wizard
If you would be so kind as to join as the 3rd competitior that would be wonderful.

We'll get the first competition under way and see what we all think.

I'd say don't worry about skill etc, it takes guts to step up to the plate and face the unknown and as far as I'm concerned, guts is enough.

Glad to see ya here Josey,

There will be more events after this one, let's just get the ball rolling and see what we think.

I'll pay the from. Shawn can get the to. But Shawn better make those blanks out of Vanax SC. Wootzblade's book says oxidation will widen the apex a 0.1 micron in the first two hours after sharpening. A trip across the Pacific will definitely want Vanax.

I wonder if Josh at Razor Edge Knives would do it. It would be interesting to see if the Wicked Edge can win. I have a WEPS and lots of stones and can do it, but he’s probably better.

Back