any knife makers in GA?

There are many knifemakers in GA. There is actually a GA knifemakers guild meeting in Alto this Saturday. If you would like to come to the meeting and meet knife makers from all over GA let me know and I will send you some info.

are there any knife makers near Cobb county, GA?
or anywhere else?

I'm a maker down here near Savannah. Funny thing is, my wife's family lives in Marietta, so we are up there quite often. I'd love to stop by and see your shop sometime and check out your work! Always looking for an excuse to get out of the in-law's house!

You should come to the GA Knifemakers Guild meeting in Alto this weekend. There will be lots of talented makers there. There will be 3 demo's starting at around 8 am. Scott Davidson is going to show how to weld on an extension to a stick tang, there is a friction folder build with Wayne Hensley, and I will be leading a 'Business of Knifemaking' discussion as well. My part is the least worthwhile part of the meeting to me. Its in there out of desperation because no one else stepped up for the 3rd demo.

Alto is NE of Gainesville. There is also a free shooting range just around the corner from Scotts shop there in Wilson Shoals WMA that we like to visit.

I had Tobin Smith from GA make me a great custom folder. Now one of my favorite knives.

Join us in Alto this weekend . There will be knifemakers from all over the state , from novis to master. We will even feed you !

Joe Sangster

The Georgia Custom Knifemakers Guild has a table at Blade Show as well. Be sure to stop by and get 411 on the guild and further guild events.

I am in Augusta. I will also be at blade show, helping out at the guild table, and walking around/hanging out.

-Adam Reese

You should come to the GA Knifemakers Guild meeting in Alto this weekend. There will be lots of talented makers there. There will be 3 demo's starting at around 8 am. Scott Davidson is going to show how to weld on an extension to a stick tang, there is a friction folder build with Wayne Hensley, and I will be leading a 'Business of Knifemaking' discussion as well. My part is the least worthwhile part of the meeting to me. Its in there out of desperation because no one else stepped up for the 3rd demo.

Alto is NE of Gainesville. There is also a free shooting range just around the corner from Scotts shop there in Wilson Shoals WMA that we like to visit.

I was able to hitch a ride with Henry up there I was the annoying one with the friction folder. (in case you didn't know.)

I'm not sure if I'm officially going to be maning the table, but I will be around it. I can only be at Blade on Friday anyway, my son has cub scout graduation on Saturday. Andy might know more about volunteers for the table and what not, seeing as how he's kindof a big deal now....Mr VP and all...:)

Last edited:
Back