1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Any Makers Near Corpus Christi, Texas?

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by J.McDonald Knives, Apr 14, 2007.

1. J.McDonald Knives

J.McDonald Knives Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 28, 2007
    i will be moving there in about 6 months to a year. plan to build my shop within a couple of years and host HI's. looking to see who all is there. i plan to move to Rifugio which is about 30 miles north of Corpus Christi. and its also about 35 miles from my favorite bays. :D once i have guest quarters on the property anyone and everyone is welcome to stay for whatever reason.

2. balibalistic

balibalistic

Jul 14, 2004
    Mike Snody!!

3. Snody

Snody Colorado Knifemaker Moderator

Sep 10, 2004
    When you get down to Refugio come see us.

The SnodyKnives Compound is located on 410 Starr St in beautiful downtown Corpus Christi.

We had the Texico Knifemakers Association in the Compound Yesterday.

Come see us!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. J.McDonald Knives

Jan 28, 2007
    thanks Snody. ill be sure to stop by when i goto look at land. i love that jeep of yours. hopefully you can teach me a few extra tricks. :D give me a call so you can tell me basically how to get to the shop from 37S. 210-445-9402

5. J.McDonald Knives

Jan 28, 2007
    Well I finally made it down to Corpus Christi. Moving to the Calallen area. Anyone else in the area? I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from not being in my own shop much less having it set up.

6. fastcamo

fastcamo

Nov 26, 2006
    Welcome back J

7. CDH

CDH

Jun 8, 2007
    I wouldn't call myself a knifemaker yet, but I get one finished every few months...:D

Yes, I live on Corpus...out on Padre Island. I'm one of the nuts you see evacuating every time a little storm blows up out in the Gulf of Mexico and lokos to be heading our direction.

8. J.McDonald Knives

Jan 28, 2007
    Once I get my house livable and get my shop set back up feel free to come over and have a few beers and work on some steel. That goes for you too Snody.:thumbup:

9. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Dang. What a shop. SO impressive! Thanks for the pics.

10. Maqua

Maqua

Jan 21, 2005
    I used to live off of Airline Drive and catch a bunch of 30" reds in the grass beds 7 power line poles behind the Islands in the Son church. I also played rugby for the Corpus Christi Crabs. On 'em like the Crabs! Corpus was a fun town, but I had to move due to all the crazy vatos and their penchant for broad daylight rolling gunbattles on S.P.I.D. Good BBQ place in Calallen; can't remember what is was called. Joe Cotton's I think.

11. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Guessing you're no longer in Texas and moved "up hill" to Colorado?

Corpus Street.jpg