Any New Blade IDEAS ?

Thanks! But I was just agreeing with Cambertree. He’s the one that had the idea and posted the video.

Still waiting for a bolo type machete or something on 3v, whatever came first.
How about that colab with Mr. Bill Siegle? Still waiting for this to be a production blade. Puts a smile on my face every time I use it! The 5160 has not disappointed me yet. Takes a beating

wqC94mp.jpg

How about that colab with Mr. Bill Siegle? Still waiting for this to be a production blade. Puts a smile on my face every time I use it! The 5160 has not disappointed me yet. Takes a beating

wqC94mp.jpg
Heck yes! :thumbsup:

Becker Lambsplitter! :p

There’s one out there. I put a Becker handle on Beardlove’s Lambsplitter. He traded it to Widerstand at a BeckerWest. Haven’t heard from Widerstand for many moons...
I think I have pics somewhere. Let me look.
* Dang...looked through the old PhotoBucket stuff and couldn’t find it. I know I have it on a thumb drive somewhere...

Last edited:

That's a great one, and I'm very glad it exists. But the Bundock pretty much filled that niche when available.

wqC94mp.jpg

Oh God....I can't stand up at my desk now, at work!!!

I just can't stop thinking about a bird and trout. I like the esee cr2.5 but would like a 3" blade and slightly longer handles. Ethan what do you have in store for us next?? Give us a clue!

I just can't stop thinking about a bird and trout. I like the esee cr2.5 but would like a 3" blade and slightly longer handles. Ethan what do you have in store for us next?? Give us a clue!

Have you looked in the exchange...?

The ESEE one is cute but tiiiny and thick for the rest of its dimensions.

Have you looked in the exchange...?

The ESEE one is cute but tiiiny and thick for the rest of its dimensions.

I thought about trying one out but I decided I'd rather save up for a GEC #29 right now. I really liked the bird and trout that you made a month or so ago. I think it had osange scales black liners? That was a sweet little knife

Non thumb ramp BK7, a 7" and 9" version of the BK2 as usual.

Would say a non thumb ramp version of the BK 10 or a thinner version of the BK2 like the BK10 but people would say the more mini BKs cover that even the bigger knife would be more multi-toolish like the BK2 and BK10 are.

A BK SPORK to go with the tweeners.

I thought about trying one out but I decided I'd rather save up for a GEC #29 right now. I really liked the bird and trout that you made a month or so ago. I think it had osange scales black liners? That was a sweet little knife

Oak, it was.
Love my two GEC blades. If only they'd make 'em in AEB-L... for some reason the trad people are in love with 440C, which is a lousy steel for a small fine-edged blade.

I like Roguer's configuration. Pretty easy to de-ramp and/or re-profile a BK10, tho. Probably doesn't warrant an entirely new model number and production change.

My ideal next Becker would be something in the BK-14 size range with a bit LESS blade.

Oak, it was.
Love my two GEC blades. If only they'd make 'em in AEB-L... for some reason the trad people are in love with 440C, which is a lousy steel for a small fine-edged blade.

I like Roguer's configuration. Pretty easy to de-ramp and/or re-profile a BK10, tho. Probably doesn't warrant an entirely new model number and production change.

My ideal next Becker would be something in the BK-14 size range with a bit LESS blade.

I actually do not care for 440C. I had one GEC in that steel and I moved it. It didn't take as fine an edge as their 1095 and it wasn't fun to sharpen.

Now their 1095 is just excellent. But I agree with you, it would be nice to see GEC use steels like AEB-L or even D2. However, they seem to be of the belief, "Why fix something that's not broke?".

They do pretty well regardless.

More towards the OP topic, I have been wondering lately what might be on the idea table... I'm hoping Ethan has some ideas cooking. I wouldn't mind seeing an expansion of a more traditional line of Becker knives, something started by the Kephart. A proper Hudson Bay, a Nessmuk, old English and French trade knives, etc.

That would rule.

I’d take another Becker kitchen knife in a heartbeat. :thumbsup:

Yes, but not a $200 one...
I'd love a big, thinner camp/kitchen knife... whether it's a French chef's knife...or a cleaver, idk?
But something that would compliment my Spatula... :D

Yes, but not a $200 one...
I'd love a big, thinner camp/kitchen knife... whether it's a French chef's knife...or a cleaver, idk?
But something that would compliment my Spatula... :D
Yea, unfortunately when ever Batman steel is used you got to pay to play :D and the funny thing someone once said , hey 1095 just works :thumbsup: and someday we will all realize that :p
But I got to say the BK98 was well worth the price :thumbsup: Excellent Kitchen Knife :) and it's a very sturdy blade even though it's thin that could be used for outdoor stuff too :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back