Any Opinel love? (Updated pics)

Can somebody please explain how the new opinel lock works and why it's inferior to the old style?

There’s a discussion in this thread:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...-old-ones-if-you-can-still-find-them.1592946/

The fix is also discussed. It is a little fiddly, but not onerous. The new lock has put some old fans off buying new Opinels. I prefer the old style (actually, I prefer the old, old lock that doesn’t lock closed) but would not let the new style keep me from buying one.

Here is the chart I have.

nDQfK2L.png

My only Opie is a carbon no. 8 with a factory supplied spear point. I wish I could find about a half dozen or so more of this configuration. Helluva knife... convexed the blade, and it cuts like a laser.

My only Opie is a carbon no. 8 with a factory supplied spear point. I wish I could find about a half dozen or so more of this configuration. Helluva knife... convexed the blade, and it cuts like a laser.

The Opinel No8 "Garden knife" is a spear point with a slightly different shaped handle, might be worth a look.

The Opinel No8 "Garden knife" is a spear point with a slightly different shaped handle, might be worth a look.
I have seen that... somewhat sure that is Inox. I favor the carbon, and mine has the standard handle shape. Love that spear point though...

Inox opinels are way better than carbon,have both,carbons little easier to sharpen but their inox is better overall,for any aplication

I recently ordered a #8 Carbone for the starting point of a project I want to try. While I was shopping for that, I noticed a page with pictures of the #13. I laughed so hard, and had to add one to my order, because that's just hilarious. It should be here in a couple of days. :D

I recently ordered a #8 Carbone for the starting point of a project I want to try. While I was shopping for that, I noticed a page with pictures of the #13. I laughed so hard, and had to add one to my order, because that's just hilarious. It should be here in a couple of days. :D

Can’t think of a better reason to buy one.

Back