Any Spooky Halloween Knives This Year?

So here it is Thanksgiving eve and still no Halloween knife!! Tsk! Tsk! 🤔👎
John 🏁

So here it is Thanksgiving eve and still no Halloween knife!! Tsk! Tsk! 🤔👎
John 🏁

They gave a shipping estimate between the 11th and 25th, depending on global shipping issues that they don't have any control over. And I have had my tracking number since Monday, so they got them out within their estimate.

It sucks to miss the holiday they were intended for, but these are lifetime possessions, not a cake or special chocolate that will go bad by next year. I got it to be my Halloween knife for the foreseeable future, like until there's another Halloween knife that's interesting enough to join it.

I don't know man, I just don't see the justification for this Karen behavior. They offer something special every single month and Halloween 2021 is come and gone. If you just want to complain about global shipping problems and how they affected your Halloween plans I think you should find the appropriate subforum.

They gave a shipping estimate between the 11th and 25th, depending on global shipping issues that they don't have any control over. And I have had my tracking number since Monday, so they got them out within their estimate.

It sucks to miss the holiday they were intended for, but these are lifetime possessions, not a cake or special chocolate that will go bad by next year. I got it to be my Halloween knife for the foreseeable future, like until there's another Halloween knife that's interesting enough to join it.

I don't know man, I just don't see the justification for this Karen behavior. They offer something special every single month and Halloween 2021 is come and gone. If you just want to complain about global shipping problems and how they affected your Halloween plans I think you should find the appropriate subforum.
Is that Oct or Nov or Dec?? If it the first 2 they missed.. Still got a Dec shot.. No shipping conformation or a million is a knife.. You seem to be the only one who has one.. I dont..

If Kizer is going to offer a 2021 Halloween knife.. It should be delivered for that time.. I got another brands 2021 Halloween knife and guess what?? I got it for 2021 Halloween and they were dealing with every thing Kizer was..

I will just ignore this statement because its pure nonsense.. Come on.. I know you are better that to come at me for ???

Any way.. I hope you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving.. :thumbsup:

John :)

Last edited:
Is that Oct or Nov or Dec?? If it the first 2 they missed.. Still got a Dec shot.. No shipping conformation or a million is a knife.. You seem to be the only one who has one.. I dont..

If Kizer is going to offer a 2021 Halloween knife.. It should be delivered for that time.. I got another brands 2021 Halloween knife and guess what?? I got it for 2021 Halloween and they were dealing with every thing Kizer was..

I will just ignore this statement because its pure nonsense.. Come on.. I know you are better that to come at me for ???

John :)

I think these knives were announced on 10/8 and couldn't be ordered until at least 10/18. I know that not everyone here is used to ordering things directly from China but even before the pandemic and related challenges, it could sometimes take a month or two.

I think these knives were announced on 10/8 and couldn't be ordered until at least 10/18. I know that not everyone here is used to ordering things directly from China but even before the pandemic and related challenges, it could sometimes take a month or two.
I guess it is a Live and Learn purchase for me.. Had I known that I would have never bought one.. Oh Well.. My bad.. :rolleyes:
John :cool:

I guess it is a Live and Learn purchase for me.. Had I known that I would have never bought one.. Oh Well.. My bad.. :rolleyes:
John :cool:

While I haven't actually had any of these in hand, I'm assuming that they'll be consistent with Kizer's usual quality. That said, mine will get the usual tear-down, inspection, clean-up and non-toxic oiling. (I'm especially interested in seeing how they did the detachable flipper tab.) Then they'll sit pristine in a drawer and be there for me on October 1st, 2022.

Think of it as a present to your future self?

20211126_183734.jpg

20211126_183748.jpg

It's pretty neat! Also I'm 35 and got #35, like my #086 mini Shoal

... and now for the internals of my full-sized Sheepdog. The main surprise here was that lone brass washer. I didn't notice it drop during tear-down but I'm pretty sure it belongs between the bearings and liner on the show side. It seems slightly concave and it looks like it is supposed to lean away from the liner. That's how I put it back together and it seems okay.

Overall, the internals were pretty clean. There was a little bit of black residue here and there, including at the rubbing point between clip and scale. It seems to be leftover from whatever they used to coat the metal. I also got some when I wiped the blade. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol for cleaning. That's usually fine for synthetic materials but here, it started pulling a light, almost milky, yellowish substance from the scales. That also seemed to be darkening the scale, which is unusual. So... I don't recommend using concentrated alcohol on these scales! I finished with a little non-toxic mineral oil and lubricated the moving parts with Lubriplate FMO 350-AW.

The body screws are all T8. The clip screws are T6 and fit flush. They all came apart without issue and at least some of them appeared to have blue thread-locker (the good kind). The screw holding the removable flipper tab is also a T6 and can be accessed without disassembly via a little hole in the scale. I left that one alone since I'm keeping the flipper tab.

Notice that they kept the liners intact behind the Jack-o'-Lantern face. Early promotional pictures seemed to show skeletonization there so this was a major relief.

5XF7zbu.jpg

0jwhCVB.jpg

Ur8xkcR.jpg

I have to say, despite preferring thin stock, I think this specific October feels pretty good with the enchunkening

I have to say, despite preferring thin stock, I think this specific October feels pretty good with the enchunkening

That's the main reason I chose the full-sized Sheepdog. Even with the more reasonable stock thickness, the overall size and shape of the blade still make it feel chunky. It drops like a champ and it's a different flipping experience than I'm used to. Overall, it's a fun knife.

Honestly, I had been a tad skeptical of the "clever blade" crazy. I'm still not sure it offers any specific practical benefits for an EDC folder. I guess having a big ol' rectangle of steel just makes it fun to manipulate. :)

Back