Any Virginians?

Dave,
Congrads on your promotion, and welcome to Roanoke! When you get done with Jeremy at Fire station #9, tell him to point you to Fire Station #13,and ask for Chris, we've got lots of knives to trade there too
wink.gif

-----------------
Chris

Thanks guys. I'm flying in Thursday morning (1/11/01). Look forward to meeting you (and Engine3C as well -- are all Roanoke knifeknuts firefighters?) as soon as I can get settled. I'll be staying at the Sunscape Apts. until I buy a house -- either of you out that way?

------------------
Dave

Let no one ever from henceforth say one word in any way countenancing war. It is dangerous even to speak of how here and there the individual may gain some hardship of soul by it. For war is hell, and those who institute it are criminals. Siegfried Loraine Sassoon

No Dave all of us underpaid civil servants live in Northeast city.Looking forward to meeting you. By the way, there will be a gun and knife show at the Civic center on the 20th and 21st if you have any money burning a hole in your pocket.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 9engine:
No Dave all of us underpaid civil servants live in Northeast city.</font>

Just an underpaid civil servant (fed. gov.) myself. But I'm coming from the most expensive housing market in the nation (SF Bay Area), so the prices in the nice neighberhoods look pretty good to me.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 9engine:
By the way, there will be a gun and knife show at the Civic center on the 20th and 21st if you have any money burning a hole in your pocket.[/B]</font>

Outstanding! I am looking for something in a nice Wharncliff gent's folder, and my wife will still be in California that weekend.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Dave

Let no one ever from henceforth say one word in any way countenancing war. It is dangerous even to speak of how here and there the individual may gain some hardship of soul by it. For war is hell, and those who institute it are criminals. Siegfried Loraine Sassoon

Hey I'm from Salem/Ronoake VA, Now lIving In the huge town of Bluefield, VA at the WV state line. I love knives really into Al Mar knives now like the Sere2000, Kind of ticked off at Benchmade since the price restrictions they put on dealers for web sales and thier inability to deliver product, but hey life goes on! visit our web site www.newgraham.com im sure you have seen where Mike Dye makes post for it here. Im looking for a good set of tips and instructions for knife sharpening if any one can send my way or might consider writing us a article for the web site, let me know walker2@newgraham.com later fellow VA's and USA's

Hi everybody,
I'm up here in the Shenandoah Valley just north of Winchester.We are 80 miles due west of DC with a view of Blue mountian in my front yard.
I collect autos haven't found many at the Harrisonburg show more at the shows in Richmond. This is a nice forum , so many sharp people.

Richard

Any of you make it to the Roanoke Gun & Knife Show today? I was there this morning. Not a lot of knives, but I did get a chance to check out the Jones Bros. work (very nice -- I just might be talking to them about getting something made later this year), and bought a serial numbered white micarta Spyderco baby Jess Horn at Ken Warner's table.

I didn't get to make the show. I'm glad you got to meet Ken Warner. He's a great guy.
Hope you are liking VA. You should try to make the Harrisonburg show in April. It's not too far of a drive north on I-81.

------------------
John Foresman
Lifetime member Buck collectors club
Member NKCA
Member AKTI

Hey dvirsky, how are you liking our fair city? Shoot me an e-mail, I am working on a few deals and thought maybe you would be interested.

------------------
If firearms cause crime, then matches cause arson.

Back