Any Winkler fans?

You are 100% right on the sheath- wish they had used the style of the Belt Knife. That kydex sheath must make a super light carry. :thumbsup:

I've actually been hanging out for the Winkler Tactical Dagger... but it would just be a display queen so I keep myself from not pushing the checkout button!! I like to use as much of my collection as possible.

Like some other knives , I can normally identify a blade made by Winkler just at a glance. He definitely has his own unique style and I like it. Lol, every time I came close to buying one life had other plans.

i know the "new" stuff is supposed to be very good . . . and i don't doubt it for one minute.

But i prefer his "frontier" style. I have just one sadly . . . wish i had a folder to match.

pE8W7f6.jpg

Definitely been thinking of trying one out. I think I'll got with the Case/Winkler Skinner as I would prefer to have a thinner blade stock. Would love the field knife if it was a little thinner.

Definitely been thinking of trying one out. I think I'll got with the Case/Winkler Skinner as I would prefer to have a thinner blade stock. Would love the field knife if it was a little thinner.

The Belt Knife and the Case Winkler Skinner are the same stock thickness 0.2" (actually 0.209 on my calipers)... not sure why even Winkler states they are 3/16"?

But the Case Winkler Skinner is definitely much thinner behind the edge, while the Belt Knife is for sure thicker and more durable. I wish the Case Winkler Skinner scales were as thick as the Belt Knife, but its designed as lighter, more agile knife.

The Belt Knife and the Case Winkler Skinner are the same stock thickness 0.2" (actually 0.209 on my calipers)... not sure why even Winkler states they are 3/16"?

But the Case Winkler Skinner is definitely much thinner behind the edge, while the Belt Knife is for sure thicker and more durable. I wish the Case Winkler Skinner scales were as thick as the Belt Knife, but its designed as lighter, more agile knife.

Thanks you for that info! I think that makes my decision even easier now to go with the Skinner. I've got some thicker stock fixed blades that are thicker behind the edge but the ones I find myself using most of the time are the thinner ones. More "camp chore" type stuff. Maybe some light wood processing but mainly, general light tasks, food/meat prep and maybe cleaning a fish or two in a pinch when my filet knife isn't around.

TLDR; I’m a fan of the customers rep who answered my questions more satisfying than I had imagined, and now I’m having a hard time figuring out which one I should buy. 1. world problems.. Also, a picture of a bare Woodsman.

Until now I have only looked on pics and read some threads, including this one, about them weekly due to some funding issues and unforeseen expences, but eaelier this week I ended up emailing them some questions, the Woodsman tang cutout for example..

I got all my questions answered, and in case anyone is interested, here is how a Woodsman looks in the nude:
6GePAjP.jpg

That looks solid enough!

she also said that they now grind the knives thinner than they did just a few years ago.

The skeletonising of the tang is a production oriented way of not having to do a tapered tang, which I am sure is vastly more costs to do accurately.
I don't have anything against tangs with cut outs, but when you get a knife with a tapered tang, you know the maker really put some effort into finessing the balance!

Just ordered my first Winkler, went with a Woodsman straight from Winkler.

I usually go with stainless steel blades, kinda pumped to try something different.

Super rad, they do a Mil/LEO discount too.

Just ordered my first Winkler, went with a Woodsman straight from Winkler.

I usually go with stainless steel blades, kinda pumped to try something different.

Super rad, they do a Mil/LEO discount too.

Ordered a belt knife myself. Finally.

But: They have a discount for LEO too? I thought it was just for military?

Ordered a belt knife myself. Finally.

But: They have a discount for LEO too? I thought it was just for military?

Yessir, if I heard the gal right on the phone its for Mil and LEO. I am prior service and it still applied to me.

Wasn't expecting anything, but its always rad when you get a discount.

Yessir, if I heard the gal right on the phone its for Mil and LEO. I am prior service and it still applied to me.

Wasn't expecting anything, but its always rad when you get a discount.

sent them an e-mail, and asked if it applies for LEO’s in Scandinavia too. We’ll see.. it’s allready ordered, and we made an agreement, but if I don’t ask, I’ll definitly won’t get it

Back