Any Winkler fans?

I noticed the Case Winkler knives are similarly priced to the regular Winklers. Are the Case versions hand made as well or is Case mass producing them and selling them for a premium? I'd rather buy direct if they aren't the real deal.
I believe Winkler supplies the blade and handle material, supposed to be a select group of individuals according to Case that does the rest.

I think it's lighting. But they are handmade by humans so that's how variation creeps in.
WK001.jpg

Utc4EhL.png
They remind me of Randall Made Knives, you could buy 5 of the same model and all will have slight variations because of the handwork involved.

Boru13 Boru13 what’s your favorite handle material so far? I’m usually partial to micarta, but that rubber handle is calling to me here. And the sculpted variants are all lookers...

Does anyone regret choosing rubber for any reason?

Boru13 Boru13 what’s your favorite handle material so far? I’m usually partial to micarta, but that rubber handle is calling to me here. And the sculpted variants are all lookers...

Does anyone regret choosing rubber for any reason?
No regrets here... of the three Belt knives I have the rubber is my favorite followed by the sculpted Maple and then the sculpted Micarta.
img_0939-jpg.1462654

i absolutely love their useful knife shapes, very practical, however its in the wrong steel for me, bummer, lovely knives though, but that price though...:eek:

Seem like nice, solid knives.
Does he work with any stainless steels as well?

Can anyone post comparison pics between the woodsman and the belt knife? I have a belt knife but am super curious to try a woodsman...

Also, are the woodsman's any thinner behind the edge?

Incidentally I sold my Winkler Belt Knife, and I also handled my friend's Winkler Field Knife. The grind is noticeably thinner, which helps with cutting whereas the Belt Knife seems deliberately built to be super tough.

Still i like more pointy blades neither the Belt Knife or the Field Knife would work for me.

No regrets here... of the three Belt knives I have the rubber is my favorite followed by the sculpted Maple and then the sculpted Micarta.
img_0939-jpg.1462654
I’m looking to make a Winkler my next knife (one knife per month this year). I’ve always wanted to try one, but I’m personally fond of Micarta for field knives. Any reason in particular why it’s your least favorite?
Thanks
Lee

Ok question for anyone who's handled both, do the sculpted handles make that much of a difference in grip? They look uncomfortable. I emailed winkler last week about their military discount and how to use it and they said just email them copy of my dd214 and tell em what I want. So I did. Told them I wanted a belt knife with the maple handle. Haven't heard back yet but wondering if I should change that to the sculpted or not...it does look cool but looks uncomfortable...ive never handled a winkler though.

I’m looking to make a Winkler my next knife (one knife per month this year). I’ve always wanted to try one, but I’m personally fond of Micarta for field knives. Any reason in particular why it’s your least favorite?
Thanks
Lee
Nothing more than personal preference, l like the way the rubber handle feels and the grip it provides.

Daniel has stated out of the three handle materials, rubber has the most grip, wood is the best selling and Micarta is the most durable.

I bought my second Belt Knife in 2014, it has the rubber handle as well, I’ve never had any durability issues with it at all... again, just personal preference.

Nothing more than personal preference, l like the way the rubber handle feels and the grip it provides.

Daniel has stated out of the three handle materials, rubber has the most grip, wood is the best selling and Micarta is the most durable.

I bought my second Belt Knife in 2014, it has the rubber handle as well, I’ve never had any durability issues with it at all... again, just personal preference.
Thank you much, the durability was something I was concerned about. It’s always easier when ya get to handle the knives first, but I don’t have that option so I’m winging it this time. lol

Ok question for anyone who's handled both, do the sculpted handles make that much of a difference in grip? They look uncomfortable. I emailed winkler last week about their military discount and how to use it and they said just email them copy of my dd214 and tell em what I want. So I did. Told them I wanted a belt knife with the maple handle. Haven't heard back yet but wondering if I should change that to the sculpted or not...it does look cool but looks uncomfortable...ive never handled a winkler though.
The sculpted versions provide some additional grip in my opinion.

I have both the sculpted Micarta and Maple handled BK’s, no issues with hot spots or being uncomfortable at all... the ridges for a better lack of words are somewhat melted/rounded off.

I have yet to get a winkler. I admit I like the native styles, I never really though rlly they were worth the money being so unrefined. Then they had some heat treat issues and I never looked back. I may give a used one a go next time I see one on the exchange.

Back