Anybody driven the new Ford Ranger?

Everyone has recalls and that's good. That means the problem is recognized and fixed and paid for by the maker.

Contrast that to the past when folks at the factory would cross their fingers and hope stuff would all blow over.

Ya I'm Leary of all new trucks,I won't go with internet here say,I am Leary of fiats involvement so went with 2019 Ford with a 5L tow and plow package in a STX trim.

Ya I'm Leary of all new trucks,I won't go with internet here say,I am Leary of fiats involvement so went with 2019 Ford with a 5L tow and plow package in a STX trim.
Yeah, I don't think any of the majors are built nearly as well as they were 10+ years ago. Quality has gone out the window for cost cutting and volume. Even Toyota has had their issues (https://www.torquenews.com/1083/toyota-struggles-manage-tacoma-rear-differential-recall). Just have to get as much info as you can before you buy, hope you got a good one, and take good care of her.

I here ya Deimos,my 03 Ram was a blessing 250k on her with old school 360ci and she still had trade in value..I'VE researched for over a year and compared the trucks from the job site(tradesmans trucks) including company trucks that are driven like they we're stolen and Ford seem to hold up very well.With a 5.0 L I'm getting great MPG with what they call a Coyote gen II direct injection 395 hp engine bolted to a 10 speed tranny.

I heard that some owners of the new Ranger are experiencing a leaky transmission so I ended up getting a '17 F150 instead. I can say that the F150 is a solid truck. Ride quality is not the smoothest but still comfy and quiet. Now I'm planning to get a retractable RollNLock tonneau cover to secure my belongings in the truck bed.
If you haven’t bought the cover yet check out Retrax. I’ve had 2 of them and they’re worth every penny. I have a couple YouTube vids on them with my same user name if you care to check it out.

The mid size trucks are definitely a mixed market, really depends what you're looking for.

Bought a house and got tired of my VW GTI throwing CELs and having to clean out the interior for whatever wood, mulch, or top soil I was hauling on the weekends.
Test drove the Ranger, but kept bumping my head on the headliner on pot holes, probably would have been a real pain on rutted roads (I'm 5'11" so not too tall). Motor was nice though, the dealers here also only had the loaded up models on the lots so comparisons were rough. The Frontiers are low cost, and fairly reliable for the couple in my friends circle, but also a 15 year old design. They're good little trucks though. Ridgeline's are kinda cramped with low ground clearance, but have a lot of clever features. I liked the Colorado/Canyon a lot, most comparable to the Tacoma IMO, only thing I didn't like was how the back seats fold down compared to the Tacoma and the in cab storage.

Ended up with a 2017 Tacoma Limited, has the new V6 which has to rev up a bit for power, but gets great gas mileage, has high ground clearance, plenty of space for a child seat with the double cab, and fits in the garage with the short bed. I do wish a long bed could have fit, but so far I've had a bunch of 4x4x10's in the bed with a flag so not a big deal. The power outlet in the bed makes it a great work platform too.

Back