ANYBODY ELSE FROM N.C.?????

STRIC9,

While I am not from North Carolina, I am a member of the NC Custom Knifemaker's Guild.
The NC Guild is one of the best groups that a knife knut could join. You should look into attending one of our meetings. We have lots of great demonstrations concerning knifemaking. The NC Guild also sponsors the SouthEastern Custom Knife Show each September
in Winston, Salem.

http://www.ncknifeguild.org

------------------
Barry
Jones Knives

Do you hear that?
That is the sound of inevitability.

[This message has been edited by BARRY JONES (edited 03-03-2000).]

Dude - you don't know what you've been missing. The NC gang is the most active group on this forum! We all met through BladeForums. We get together for shows about 10-12 times a year in Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and Columbia, SC. We do the whole three days of the Blade Show together. We hit the Southeastern Custom show in Winston-Salem in September. Several of us in the Charlotte area have gone shooting together. I've made some good friends through this place. Here's a list of the "original" NC gang:

Me (Kelly Yates) - Charlotte
DeadinNC (Michael Yates) - Charlotte
Davidb415 (David Baker) - Gastonia
RJT (Bobby Tucker) - Gastonia
Dexter Ewing - Winston-Salem
CPR (Chris Raymond) - Greensboro
Alan Folts - Greenville, NC

Here are several guys that live in NC but I haven't yet met in person:

Howie Lintz - Charlotte
Tobii3 (Dave Tobias) - Ft. Bragg
SmithD (Doug Smith) - Ft. Bragg
ptpalpha (Paul) - Durham
TAutry (Travis Autry) - Smithfield
Blades - Crap! Where do you live Blades?

Several new faces have popped up on the forums in recent months:

Terrill - Charlotte
lobo - ?

Here we are at the Charlotte show a few weeks ago (check out all of those knives!):
http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum32/HTML/003219.html

Here we are at last year's Blade Show:
http://home.carolina.rr.com/senator/blade_show.htm

We'd love to have you join us for some shows. Drop me an e-mail and I'll let you know when the next get-together is going to be.

------------------
Kelly

SenatorsPlace.com
AKTI Member #A000289

Deo Vindice

I guess I should also mention that we have even more bretheren surrounding us.

Barry and Phillip Jones - Danville, VA
MarkK - Charleston, SC
Will Fennell - Rock Hill, SC (We don't count Will though because he's too anti-social to hang out with us. Too busy shooting little clay thingies all the time...
wink.gif
)
Anthony Lombardo - Somewhere in SC

I know there are more, I just can't remember...

------------------
Kelly

SenatorsPlace.com
AKTI Member #A000289

Deo Vindice

[This message has been edited by Senator (edited 03-04-2000).]

Hello Everyone! Durham, NC chiming in here!! Just went to Beck's Cutlery in Cary last week for the first time-what a great place! I finally got to see tons of great knives that I had only read about here on BFC. Then I had lunch at Horwitz's Deli next door-outstanding afternoon all around.
-Paul

stric9,
We have a great time when the North Carolina Knife Knuts get together.Walking through a show with a group multiplies the fun.These are really good guys.They are also pretty knowlegable about all catagories of knives.We have a lunch meeting on show days and often have more knives on our lunch table than many of the purveyors at the show.
Seems to get us really good service.
Please join us. We have no dues,but the initiation ritual is a bear:)
David

AKTI#150
Idiot Emeritus,NCKK

Hey guys! Welcome aboard! Kelly and David are correct. The NC gang has a blast at every event that I, er we, attend (just ask them about the Windex episode)
wink.gif
We hope to see you at an upcoming meeting!

Hey Kelly, maybe we should start raffle for a knife at each show. You could sell one of those mega(bux)-folders and finance the whole shin-dig for a couple of years!
wink.gif

Take care and have a good one,
Chris

Everyone knows that Windex will bring back the color to anodized titanium, right? Didn't know that? Hey Chris - go to your car and get your Windex and we'll demonstrate...

Bwaaaaahahahahahah!!! The Windex episode...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I had forgotten all about that!!! That was classic.

We'll retell that one at every show get-together. For those of you that don't know Chris, he is the absolute best sport around. If he can put up with the grief I give him, he can stand anything. You're alright, Chris. Glad to have you as a friend.

------------------
Kelly

SenatorsPlace.com
AKTI Member #A000289

Deo Vindice

Hey Kelly, windex will also clean up your micarta handles. The micarta absorbs oil from your hands and darkens it a little. The windex makes it look like new.

Learned that from Tim Britton.

------------------
Barry
Jones Knives

Do you hear that?
That is the sound of inevitability.

Grog in Lincolnton, Lincoln
County

Grog don't say much, just
try to absord all this KK
(Knife Knowledge)

smile.gif
smile.gif

Chris - based on what Barry just said about Windex, you ought to start carrying more in your trunk....just be sure that your car is actually out in the parking lot before trudging out to get the bottle
biggrin.gif

------------------
Dexter Ewing
AKTI Member # A000005

Living life "on the edge"

BTTT,
C`mon guys,there has to be some more Carolinians to check in.Stand up and be counted!
David

Why do all the NC knife Knuts live on the west side of the state? I just dont understand it, am I the banished one to the flatlands of the east or what??
smile.gif
Feeling lonely over here all by myself, you west siders get to have all the fun!!

Alan...

------------------
If a Man talks in the forest, and there is no Woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Quit your whinin'.
wink.gif
I keep tellin' ya I'll send the Sunday want ads. There are plenty-o-jobs in Charlotte.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Kelly

SenatorsPlace.com
AKTI Member #A000289

Deo Vindice

Hey Alan, we invite you to our gatherings but you use that flimsy "excuse" of "work" every durn time. Gotta get your priorities straight, man!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Dexter Ewing
AKTI Member # A000005

Living life "on the edge"

Originally posted by Alan Folts:
Why do all the NC knife Knuts live on the west side of the state? I just dont understand it, am I the banished one to the flatlands of the east or what??
smile.gif
Feeling lonely over here all by myself, you west siders get to have all the fun!!

Alan...I was thinking that my self, over here in Elm City NC. Thats close to Rocky Mount for you westerners. I to love Knives of all kinds. Made a few over the years. I just finished building a forge and plan to get into this quite a bit. Anybody else out there forging knives around "here" i'd love to here from you.
Steve

Thanks, Senator. just wondering if there were
any Knife nuts around here. As you can see I
live in Clinton, not far from Columbia, or Rock Hill.
Just started collecting.
Thanks, Bob

Back