Anybody ever put G10 handles on a becker?

Hey Guys!

I have a kabar gila as my everyday carrier, and it has g10 scales, and i love them! Has anyone ever put g10 scales on a becker? I have been looking at sheets of g10 and can get it pretty cheap. Is there a great advantage of micarta vs. g10? Is so, please let me know what they are.

Last edited:
Actually as far as I know the advantages weigh in favor of G10 over Micarta. I would say go for it. We have had a few people put some on, but they have been few and far between.

CamH_16 has, it looks really good too!

Last edited:
Micarta has a much better feel over G-10 but it also absorbs water and other stuff more easily and eventually just looks like a pile of goo on your handle if it absorbs to much oil and dirt. But from a form over function POV, G-10 is much brighter and if you get multiple colored slabs you can get some cool patterns and looks. It terms of strength, G-10 is stronger but unless you whack your handles with a hammer you cant really tell the difference. Btw, if your new to all this, I'd suggest G-10, micarta is twice as hard to work with. Where'd you find your G-10?

Some of my Becker G-10 crap:

004 by CamH_16, on Flickr

Close up:

033 by CamH_16, on Flickr

Last edited:
Oxide, I just did a search for it, and couldnt find the origional posting. Could you point me in the right direction on what to search for?

haha! thanks Camh_16! i was writing as you were posting those out! Looks great! Found g10 @ premiumknifesupply.com. Its straight black sheets, but i think that would work for me.

haha! thanks Camh_16! i was writing as you were posting those out! Looks great! Found g10 @ premiumknifesupply.com. Its straight black sheets, but i think that would work for me.

Hate to tell you this B but thats a massive rip off man, a sheet that big should be half the price.

Really? Thanks for the heads up! I am new to the knife world and all of the customizations and such. Where would you suggest, and did you do the dye job on yours or did it come that way?

Dadgommit! Stupid double posting glitches are back!

Last edited:
Really? Thanks for the heads up! I am new to the knife world and all of the customizations and such. Where would you suggest, and did you do the dye job on yours or did it come that way?

It came out that way, also try Jantzknifesupply.com, much better prices and options.

Are you sure they are still around? I just tried to get there and it took me to godaddy.

thank you sir! good link. how thick are your handles and how thick would they need to be for a bk2 or bk7?

thank you sir! good link. how thick are your handles and how thick would they need to be for a bk2 or bk7?

For small knives I like to use 1/4" pieces but for the larger knives especially Beckers I like to use 3/8ths.

Back