Anybody ever see a GHOST?

Since we are discussing UFO's and Yeti's, I was wondering if any of the good forumites have ever seen a ghost?

I am pretty sure I think I saw one once. But it may have just been the beer.:p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I was doing really well until that Mr. Potato Head incident...but I'm feeling much better now." :D

My brother was an MP at Ft. Monroe in VA. He said that one night when he went on duty the guys just coming off were totally freaked.

He asked them what was the matter and they said they saw something in one of the old buildings (historic fort) and went down to investigate. They came upon 2 people and as they got closer they looked like revolutionary war type soldiers. Then they dissapeared.

My brother said every time he was on guard duty after that he made it a point to go there to see if he could see anything but no luck.

My friend lived in PA in a house she told me was haunted. She said the thing would knock stuff off and make all kinds of noise. It would lay down on the bed beside you and you could feel the weight on the bed. Finally she said she cussed it out and told it she wasn't afraid and she never experienced it again. However it could still get a rise out of guests and would bother them. I have heard that certain elementals feed off of the energy released by fright or worship or any strong emotion so they try to get humans to emit them.

No ghosts, but lots of wierd bumps and light flashes at night (lights turning on or off when no ones there), particularly after family members have died. There is definitely a different feel to places where people have lived and died, than a sterile new building. Anyways, my mom likes to say when ever we visit my father's grave if a bird comes by, that it is carrying his spirit, there to watch us. Dunno how Catholic that is, but it is what she believes. Birds and small animals like bunnies, dunno if it applies to rodents. :confused:

Not drunk, just sleep-deprived :D

Approx 3AM in the college library, frantically searching for references for a paper that was due that day at 10AM. On an empty-save-me floor of the library, I was sitting in a study nook with some books, looking over them to see if there was anything I could use. Suddenly, the stillness of the library is broken by a *wham* of a book hitting the floor flat, just out of sight around the corner from me. I arrest my half-complete jump through the window (the only exit from the nook other than going around that corner) and go to investigate. I find on the floor a copy of the MLA Handbook, a standard text of the rules for writing reports and citing references. Somehow this book came from somewhere and hit the floor there, and created a noise out of proportion to its size. Little did the helpful (if alarming) ghost know, I already had a copy of the MLA back in my room...

Completely invigorated by the massive adrenaline dump, I proceeded to race through the report in record time...

This is a story that friends of my step-mom swear is true.
It happened a few years ago as this guy and his expecting wife move into a house they had recently purchased. Nothing fancy about this house, mind you, just a house that any one of us might buy to start up a family. Nothin' alarming. Nice neighborhood. No "history" to speak of. Anyway, after they get the bulk of their belongings situated they toss a lot of old junk down into the basement for sorting at a later date. You know, old clothes, hand me down toys for the future little one, boxes of junk, etc. Things go pretty normal for the first week. Then late one night the man and his wife are awakened by what seems to be voices coming from the vents by their bed. More like whispers. The small quiet voices of children, almost. The couple dismiss the the noices as venting from the boiler or whatever in the basement. Each night the noices get a little stronger and start coming from other places in the house. One late evening the husband decides to investigate. The noises get louder and louder once he reaches the basement door. He can clearly hear the giggling of children in the celler. As he turns the knob and the door creeeeks open he hears a distinctive "Shhhhhhhhhhh" and the voices stop. He inspects the basement. Nothing. Nothing is even out of place.
The next night he tries his hand at being a little more stealthy. the noises start up as usual. He creeps from his bead and tiptoes down the hallway. The noise is rising from the basement door. Instead of trying to open it slowly. he flings open the door and flips the light on and stomps down the stairs. There he sees one of the hand me down toys. One of those little white 2 wheeled "lawnmower" things that kids push around with the marbles that rattle and pop. He watches the little lawnmower thing as it pilots itself around and around and around in a circle about 4 times, then stop and the handle slumps to the floor.
What happened from there i don't really know. I have heard that they still live in the house, just every so often when they are awakened by the voices in the basement they simply yell down "Kids, cut it out down there. Mom and Dad are trying to sleep." All noises become still.

~Jake

See them all the time have for many years...so what

Some people don't believe in them, but then some people don't believe in lots of things that just go about their business without being believed in.

Maybe the ghost don’t care …then again maybe they do and maybe it makes them mad….

I watched a cemetry come alive once, all the graves opened and the skeletons with glowing red eyes crawled out, then the willow trees turned into laughing skulls, & the skeletons climbed up the 1000 year old church walls on the bank of the Thames, before the church wobbled & then tore from the earth into the stars, scattering the sod & rubble behind it.

God I used to love good acid, ;)

when I was a little nipper. :D

The human mind is capable of many things. :)

Spiral

I think i've seen one, but to this day i'm not sure.

It was a while ago when I was about 12 or 13 yrs. I was rollerskating along a path at the bottom of my friends house, (waiting for her to finish her tea if I remember rightly!).

One end of the path lead to an area of grass and just down from that were the remains of a building which all the local kids used to call "The Pink Bungalow". That building had recently been demolished as it was derelict and was a safety hazard. All the kids used to love playing in and around it though!!

Anyway, it was demolished all but to its concrete foundations and one wall.... a wall which used to form part of the garage with a window frame still intact.

I rollerskated to the end of the path and for some reason was drawn to look towards the garage. Stood against the wall looking straight back at me was a very strange man, I vividly remember him wearing yellow rupert the bear type chequered trousers and having one of those monacle things in one eye!! I turned round to my friend who had finished her tea and who was skating towards me to say "look at this", but by the time I turned back he was gone.

I never know to this day whether he was a ghost or just a local weirdo, but the memory I have is so vivid, gives me shivers down the spine just thinking about it.

Fascinating thread.

All the best, Kohei ;)

Edited for spelling!!

spiraltwista said:
I watched a cemetry come alive once, all the graves opened and the skeletons with glowing red eyes crawled out, then the willow trees turned into laughing skulls, & the skeletons climbed up the 1000 year old church walls on the bank of the Thames, before the church wobbled & then tore from the earth into the stars, scattering the sod & rubble behind it.

God I used to love good acid, ;)

when I was a little nipper. :D

The human mind is capable of many things. :) Spiral

Spiral--ever heard the song "Cathedral" by Crosby, Stills, and Nash? It was supposedly inspired by an acid trip at Winchester Cathedral.

Cathedral

Six o' clock
In the morning, I feel pretty good
So I dropped into the luxury of the Lords
Fighting dragons and crossing swords
With the people against the hordes
Who came to conquer

Seven o'clock
In the morning, here it comes
I taste the warning and I am so amazed
I'm here today, seeing things so clear this way
In the car and on my way
To Stonehenge

I'm flying in Winchester cathedral
Sunlight pouring through the break of day
Stumbled through the door and into the chamber
There's a lady setting flowers on a table covered lace
And a cleaner in the distance finds a cobweb on a face
And a feeling deep inside of me tells me
This can't be the place

All religion has to have its day
Expressions on the face of the Saviour
Made me say
I can't stay

Open up the gates of the church and let me out of here!
Too many people have lied in the name of Christ
For anyone to heed the call
So many people have died in the name of Christ
That I can't believe it all

And now I'm standing on the grave of a soldier that died in 1799
And the day he died it was a birthday
And I noticed it was mine
And my head didn't know just who I was
And I went spinning back in time
And I am high upon the altar
High upon the altar, high

It's hard enough to drink the wine
The air inside just hangs in delusion
But given time
I'll be fine

Open up the gates of the church and let me out of here!
Too many people have lied in the name of Christ
For anyone to heed the call
So many people have died in the name of Christ
That I can't believe it all

And now I'm standing on the grave of a soldier that died in 1799
And the day he died it was a birthday
And I noticed it was mine
And my head didn't know just who I was
And I went spinning back in time
And I am high upon the altar
High upon the altar, high

--Josh

Hi Josh,
I dont think I do, So downloading it know {kaza lite k++} ;)

Should be done by the time ive typed this! :D

Cheers!

Spiral

Edited to add, Yep thats very cool Josh,

Funny what it is to grow older. ;) only so many brain cells though! ;)

Spiral

I don't know, but I'm sure I have. What else could you call someone who's not really alive? They're all around us.

I have never seen a ghost or ufo, but always wanted to. Something strange did happen to me recently, tho. One of my long time customers called me up and wanted to replace the carpet in the living room of one of his townhouses. Now I was aware that the young man who lived in that townhouse had committed suicide. What I wasn't prepared for was that all his stuff was still in the unit. Whoever had cleaned up had moved all the furniture out of the living room and put it into the dining room, took the couch out and cut the carpet and pad in the living room and took it out. Other than that all his stuff was where he left it. Golf clubs on the stair landing, pizza boxes and beer cans stacked up, diploma on the wall. Kind of odd and creepy, but no strange feelings like somethings there. I had to measure all the rooms as there was no way I could match carpet to what had been down.

A couple of weeks later, my installer put new carpet down throughout, by that time the man's family had come and removed all his belongings. Looked like an empty apartment. Nothing strange happened. I got a call from my customer that there was a line in the carpet. I talked to the installer and he told me it was a crush mark he couldn't get out. You fix that with steam.
I took the hand steamer and went there myself, alone, mid-morning. Saw the problem, plugged the hand steamer into the wall (you have to let it heat up a few minutes) and walked up to a loft area to check out my installers work. Came back down, grabbed the steamer and nothing. Plug was out of the wall. Hmmm. Thats different, oh well, plugged into wall again and steamed half of the crush mark.

Experiment. Plugged steamer into a different outlet. Went back to loft area and piddled around a couple of minutes. Went back downstairs, plug is out of the wall again. Definitely no one else around. By myself. Looked through whole house. Ok, finish steaming the crush mark and I am out of there.

Once at my Mom's house and once living with a girlfriend. I woke up and there was the Shadow Man standing by the side of the bed. Just a human figure, no features, no sound. Scared the sh!t out of me. The first time I thought I might be dreaming and rolled back over. The second time I heard the bedroom door open and saw Him peeking around the corner. I knew I wasn't sleeping that time and slipped a knife from under my pillow. Nodded off again and woke up with the knife still in my hand. To this day I'm not sure what it was.

In my wild and wooly youth I saw things under the influence of...various substances, but only the Shadow Man when I was stone cold sober.

Frank

Frank--Art Bell calls them shadow people, and has devoted several shows to them. Thousands of people have seen them. I saw one when I was probably around 9 or 10. It was late at night. I woke up, and noticed that there was a robed or gowned figure standing in my doorway. The hall light, which was on a dimmer switch and turned way down, was shining behind the figure, so all I could see was a shadow, but it was a very solid shadow--I couldn't see through it. At first I thought it was my mom peeking in on me to make sure I was ok or something. After a few seconds, I noticed that the figure was still standing there. I started to sense that things weren't right. My mom wouldn't just stand there like that. I called out quietly, "Mom?" Still the shadow stood there like some malevolent statue. "Mom?" I called out again, this time a bit louder. Suddenly, the arm of the shadow stretched out towards the light switch in the hall with a jerking motion, and as it did so, the light went out. "MOOOOOOOM!!!" :D I don't think I've ever been that scared in my life. I have no idea what it was, but by the time I got the light on and my parents came running into my room, it was gone.

--Josh

Seen 'em, heard 'em. Talked to them, but never got an answer that I understood right away.

Years ago when I was around 10 and my older brother 16 we had shared a room upstairs next to the staircase, the house we lived in we think was built around the 1900's so everything creaked...One night we heard Mom comming up the stairs and thought we would give her a scare by being ready to jump and yell as soon as she opened the door, my Brother peeked out to see where she was and did not see anything but only the sound of someone comming up, we we both ended up pretty scared ourselves yelling for Mom and Dad to come here NOW!! About 3 years later my Mom and Dad had gotten into a pretty good yelling match with Dad storming out to the garage, when he tried to come back in later that evening all the doors were locked, being out in the country we never locked the doors and my Mom said the ghost had been looking out for her safety that day....8 years later my parents had built a new house next to the older one and when I got home from the military in 91' I rented out the old house with nothing happening until 94' that I noticed... when I was working at a job and was pretty stressed out about going in due to what was going on..when getting ready after I had gotten out of the shower and stood in front to the mirror which was all fogged up I felt a warm hand on my left shoulder, and it felt as all my worries about going in to work had left....When I got to work I felt safe (which where we worked, we never were), calm and relaxed when I walked in those gates at work...95' I get married and bought our new home in town...the old house gets rented out to a young couple who only stayed about a month after the woman gets scarred they move out..next renters, a mother and 2 daughters where over for dinner one night when the renter tells my Mom that she said some funny things were going on in the house and my Mom tells her oh you met the ghost...the renters stayed in the old house for about 4 years with never feeling threatened or scarred. Now there are new renters a single mother with a daughter, dont think they met the ghost yet because she has not mentioned anything yet, and we dont bring it up as to not scare the renters away :) that's the short story of only a few things that had happened there...but never anything bad and never and feeling of evil

Back