Anybody ever see a GHOST?

I used to be a field agent for the collin county medical examiner.
(thats north of dallas - Yvsa probably knows the name)
I have spent many days and nights in the company of dead people.
I never saw or heard anything that might be called a ghost.
I will say this, however. I always felt a "feeling" near the bodies as though there was something still alive in them.
It was like a vibration in the air or something.
It always made me feel better, to be honest.
I hated that job and it gave me nightmares.

I've dreamed dreams. I know while there which ones will come true and which are 'messages". Some of them I will not talk about in a public forum, despite our friendship, because to do so would cheapen the experience.

I looked and looked for ghosts, but never saw any. Once when I was 4 or 5 I lay awake and talked to two different persons in my room. I wondered years later what that was. We lived in a very old house in Lyons, Kansas. I could see right through the people- but then- I always saw things in the shadows.

Let me ask a question, when you look at a wall, or gun, or toothbrush, do you see the infinity of 'spots' or dots or what Schizophrenics called the 'white light' ? The scientific among you would call it the bio interference of the physical structures of sight. The grainy vision of an old photo or Van Gogh. Does anyone see this all the time?

I don't mean floaters.

In college I had terrible sleep disturbances. So bad I feared for my safety. Drinking helped.

I will sometimes get a preminition of something real bad while walking about in a different area. And sometimes sorrow. Never saw any ghosts though, damit. I figure this;

They don't exist and there's nothing to see.
They exist and I don't have the equipment to see them
They are afraid of me or there is a powerful block from manifestation.

( a friend once said he felt the presence of the Holy Spirit around me more than any person he'd met in this lifetime. Probably because I was in trouble a lot)

Someone High Up said; "leave him alone, he's already cracked."

munk

Munk,
I have thought about that once.
It was well illustrated in "Eric the Viking," and I think it might be true.
When they all wento Valhalla, the Priest could not see anything.
He was Christian, and Bible says, once you become a Christian, spirits cease to bother you.

Maybe it is a blessing not to see them.

I have had some god-awful scary nightmares, though.

I once dreamed that there was a human shape standing at the door. It was made out of reeds or wicker, woven together like a basket.
I remember thinking "its just a 7 foot tall basket in the shape of a man, why should that be scaring the ever living **** out of me?"

The Green Man?

I used to have horrible nightmares as a child. I would fervently pray to not have them before I went to sleep- but when you deliberately fill your children's heads with talk of demons and devils, what do you expect?

I remember telling my mother the devil had talked to me. I think I was about 4.
Instead of suggesting that it MIGHT be one of my two older brothers, who slept in the same room (bunk beds), she said, "What did he say?"

"JOHNNNNNNNNY". :D

"Well, when he talks to you again, pray this prayer..."

It's a wonder I'm anything approaching sane. :rolleyes:

John

I saw one or two of these a while ago. One sat on the edge of my bed and I forgot what the other one did. Couldn't move when I saw 'em. I later found out it was called sleep paralysis. It was due to sleep deprivation. I keep having instances where I feel awake but distant from my body as if inside and someone's trying to take over. I try to let whatever happen happen but I'm just too freaked to go through with it. I shake my head side to side to move again. It feels like waking up so I guess I'm half asleep and half awake while it's happening.

Nope...no ghosts, aliens or bigfoot (bigfeet? bigfoots? bigfeets?)...just a bunch of very odd friends.

We were in an abandoned wing of an old hotel in the desert. Bill was talking about what he found out about the place and mentioned that it had the reputation of being haunted.

We walked down the hall and opened the door to the bathroom. Bill said this is where they found the guy hanging from the shower - the guy whose ghost haunts the place.

We were about to step into the room and were hit by a wave of terror. We didn't see anything, and we didn't hear anything, but all of a sudden something descended over us and scared the crap out of us. We couldn't get out of the place fast enough and didn't want to go back.

It was a very unsettling experience. We had no idea what had happened. Maybe we just spooked ourselves out, but neither of us were prone to that sort of thing.

You remember this Bill?

Saw one of these back in my college days...I was having this recurring dream that someone was int he room, and I would get up in the moiddle of the night and start putting clothes on, thinking someone was there. Went on fer a while, and my wife also thot it strange. Then one night, the same thing happened, but I didn't jump up, I juest opened my eyes. The shadow guy was right at the foot of the bed, standing partway IN a dresser there. Once I saw that, I did some purification rituals to nip that at the bud. Seemed to do the trick.

For this and other reasons, I am big on dooing house-wardings to welcome in the good ones...and kick out the bad ones.

Keith

I am usually reluctant to bring this up in forums since I might just come off as an intollerant christian nutjob but this is a pretty open forum. My feeling of pretty much any ghost is that it is a demon. If the goal of the devil and his followers is to keep people from believing in god then he just need distract people from him. If people are putting a good amount of attention on ghosts and apparitions (sp?) then they probably aren't putting as much attention (see: worship- placing a great worth on something) on god.

I read or heard something about a christian going into church and kneeling down for some private prayer. Soon afterwards he heard the doors shudder and he felt some evil presence. He never turned around but he knew there was something coming sown the isle toward him. He uttered "Jesus be with me" or something to that effect. A feeling of warmth and safty replaced the more... malicious one.

I hate my cat. She makes noises in the middle of the room with out making any noise on the way there. I keep on expecting to turn around and see some large dark figure. I really need to stop reading these threads this late at night.

I know about the demonis thing, that is a Classic Christian view that any spirit other then God is evil.
That could be true.
I dont know..

Here in Japan demons are good and bad.

Angels are usually associated with sex.
(The same with santa and the elves)
Usually the only time I see angels and elves they are wearing mini skirts and have lots of makeup....

OOOOK My mom side of the family kind of has a history of supernatural stuff but since everyone seems to be rolling with this i'll share with you. Ok back in colonial times its said that one of my moms family ancestors was followed by a spirit, he used to talk to it and carry a stick to ward it off when it bothered him. Anyway my aunt always kinda has some type of psychic thing or something going on. Her grandmother told her when she could feel it in her. She has dreams really clear ones stuff like where she was with a friend from youth and they went to see another friend of theirs who was dead (but was alive in the dream) the rule is you never touch someone who is dead in a dream but my aunts still alive friend ran up a walk way and hugged the already dead friend. Turns out that night the friend died. Theres more back story but heres the good story. The house my mom and her family grew up in, a man had killed himself in the house many many years ago (old house), one night my aunt was doing her hair in the mirror and swears to this day that her face faded out and a mans face faded in. She slept in the living room with all the lights on for a month, moved out of that room and my mom moved into it. I sleep walk and do things like get up and look out the front window waiting for something to come, i get up and run and scream sometimes. I cant help but think sometimes its the same kind of thing from my moms family, but i just dont understand it or something wont let me or doesnt want me to.

Working through college after the military I held a job for quite a while all night long keeping an eye on an auto salvage yard.

The yard had a contract with several insurance companies and all of the fresh wrecks would show up there, often with blood everywhere, women's long hair hanging from the fractured safety glass of a windshield, etc. During the daytime, one of the yard workers one day found a piece of a human foot in a mangled car.

There was some weird stuff that sometimes went on at night there. This tends to happen around places and things where people die suddenly and/or violently.

Saw the former owner staring at me one morning, 3 days after he had died. That was interesting.

Yeah, I'd say the place was haunted.

Certain people in my family have tended to have psychic ability, but I think, honestly, my bad dreams were fed by the version of Christianity I was taught.

Spectre said:
The Green Man?

I used to have horrible nightmares as a child. I would fervently pray to not have them before I went to sleep- but when you deliberately fill your children's heads with talk of demons and devils, what do you expect?
John

Spectre,

The church we went to when I was a kid at that time went on about as much about how the devil was gonna get you if you weren't good as how Jesus loved you.

When I was little, like prior to age about six or so I had nightmares all the time about the devil and would wake up screaming, so I fully know about what you are saying. I think people should do as much as they can (within reason) to make kids feel safe and loved. Save the hell fire and brimstone stuff for the teenagers who never listen anyway ;)

Ok, I give you my experience. Once, when I was in highschool, a couple of friends and I decided to go to the local cemetary to see if we could record some ghosts on audio tape. (We had seen something on TV about this, I think.) I brought a microrecoder, and we trapsed through the old cemetary for a couple of hours recording. While there, I needed to use the bathroom pretty bad. One of my friends mentioned that one the the old (1800's) tombstones looked sorta like a toilet. Of course I didn't whiz into it, but we joked a bunch about it. We left, and about 5 minuted onto the road my exahust system fell off of my car. The backpack I was carrying the microrecorder in dissapeard from my car between the time I was at the cemetary and the time I got my car home. I never found it. I learned my lesson: I will not joke about pissing on headstones again. I think it offends ghosts or something.

hollowdweller said:
..I think people should do as much as they can...to make kids feel safe and loved.

Agreed. For us, a big part of that was to never tell the kids a lie or to do anything that wasn't totally honest, even if it meant going against accepted social and cultural norms. So, we never let them "believe" in the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, or Jesus.

We took part in the traditions, such as when a tooth fell out, they would leave it by their bed and there would be some money in the morning, left by the "Tooth Fairy", but they knew where the money came from and we discussed that the Tooth Fairy legend was useful so kids wouldn't be scared when they lost their teeth. They liked the idea that they were losing "baby teeth" and growing up and the money was a reward for that. They didn't need to believe in the Tooth Fairy, but used it as a metaphor for the process.

At Easter they took part in egg hunts, and got tons of candy, some of it shaped like rabbits, but they knew that it came from the grocery story and the Easter Bunny was just a seasonal icon. Some of their friends actually believed that the Easter Bunny brought the candy.

We celebrated the Christmas season and they got lots of junk and toys. We never told them that Santa brought the stuff. They knew better. Santa was like the Easter Bunny, a fun seasonal icon and the representation of the secular spirit of the season.

I know many people will object to Jesus being considered in this same light, but for us, it was important not to instill "belief" in our kids. We taught them that Jesus was a teacher, a holy man who taught a form of the "Universal Truth", the essence of which exists across all spiritual teaching. We taught them this "Truth" or "Way" or "Path", had to do with understanding your place in the Universe and your individual relationship with God. Ritual, Dogma, and Faith belonged to the realm of "Religion" and were not necessarily a part of the "The Way".

If they were interested in the "religion" part of it, they could go to church with their friends and observe that. They had friends who were Catholic, Mormons, Buddhist, Muslim, and Christian. They attended various services and events and learned different ways and beliefs. When they attended the Fundamentalist churches they always got saved - many times.

I think that by us never forcing them to believe something that they would later find to be not true or open to individual interpretation, gave us firm grounds for communication. They could ask us anything and they knew that the answer would be the objective truth presented the best way we could without shadings of faith or belief.

Of course the argument could be made that everything we taught them or didn't teach them was filtered through our personal value system and in that respect was no different from what any other parents taught their kids.

I like to wait to see the consensus of threads like these before getting involved. This thread appears to be for the most part taken seriously.

On the fun side
I am a descendant of the Jersey devil (you can do your own search lots of historical sites and books about it) some of you in the northeast know what that is for the others the jersey devils team is named after the legend.

On the serious side
I have been involved in the paranormal field for over 30 years have seen a lot of things met a lot of people that were for real as well as a hell of a lot of fakes.

There are many proposed answers for the ghost events that don’t always included a dead person for example trapped event driven energy or a scratch in the fabric of reality is one theory.

Back