Anybody ever see a GHOST?

Ben Arown-Awile said:
We were in an abandoned wing of an old hotel in the desert. Bill was talking about what he found out about the place and mentioned that it had the reputation of being haunted.

We walked down the hall and opened the door to the bathroom. Bill said this is where they found the guy hanging from the shower - the guy whose ghost haunts the place.

We were about to step into the room and were hit by a wave of terror. We didn't see anything, and we didn't hear anything, but all of a sudden something descended over us and scared the crap out of us. We couldn't get out of the place fast enough and didn't want to go back.

It was a very unsettling experience. We had no idea what had happened. Maybe we just spooked ourselves out, but neither of us were prone to that sort of thing.

You remember this Bill?

Ah, you got the Fear. I first read about it in Naked Lunch, in which context it was associated with drug use, but it can certainly happen at other times too. I experienced it once in a local cemetery. When I was in high school, the cemetery was a common night time hangout. We never vandalized anything, just hung out there. I was very familiar with the cemetery, and would go there with friend or alone late at night with no feelings of fear. Well, one night I went there by myself, and as I was walking down the long road that ran along the souther part of the cemetery between rows of magnolia trees, I felt the Fear. It was sudden and intense, and when it hit, there was no question of staying in the cemetery. I fled immediately. I have no explanation for what I felt; it's not like I saw or heard anything frightening, but nothing could have convinced me at that point to remain in the cemetery.

--Josh

a simple thought on it is a stronger version of a vibration, something that is adheared in a fixed place, much like the feeling of walking into someones home and feeling their "feel" or vibration.

The person or their soul would not be there just a fraction of an event. It also would account for only small parts of an event appearing or how in many sightings the same event repeats itself over and over again.

places people things all produce them, this line of thinking is a far more complex issue but in the simple terms not all that different...then again its only one of many concepts

I've never heard of Naked Lunch but The Red Room (Wells) was always one of my favorites--maybe he goes a little too far in adding manifestation to Fear for it to fit with any experience of mine...but it's well worth a quick read, and I certainly recognize the Fear!

I got The Fear once.

I had just moved to SC with my fiance, and we were at her parent's home. We were the only ones awake, in the living room talking, when I began to get freaked out, really scared. Hair standing up, deep fear and apprehension, a feeling of awfulness. After a few minutes, I recognized she was having similar symptoms.
She admitted she was having fantasies of her mother coming down the hallway with a knife. For my part, I was seeing her mother coming down the hallway, with a demon's face. After an interminable length of time- I don't know how long, but it was TOO long- the feeling died down.
The next morning, her mother, who was a fervent Christian, appeared to be troubled. I kinda hinted around at finding what the problem was, until I somehow owned up that we had felt a little weird last night. Mom became very agitated, and demanded we tell her what had happened.
It seemed she had a dream that had disturbed her greatly. She was chewing a piece of raw meat, and blood was running down her face. She asked if we had brought anything unusual back with us, and decided that the hatching dragon figure I had been given was evil, and that we must get rid of it. We did, and I thought perhaps that was it, after all.

Perhaps three years later, my wife and I, and a friend, were visiting again. My friend told us of an unusual dream he had while sleeping in the house. He had seen a demon that retreated, and tried to hide in the attic.

Another year or so later, after we were already divorced, it became clear that there was a good chance my former wife had been molested, which would certainly explain the memory loss and emotional instability. Regardless of which level you want to believe in it- spiritual evil, an actual evil entity, or just a sickness- there was, indeed, a demon in the house.

John

I'm hoping to come back as a malevolent spirit...but only for idjits that have royally pi$$ed me off in this lifetime.

Are there instructions?

Nasty said:
I'm hoping to come back as a malevolent spirit...but only for idjits that have royally pi$$ed me off in this lifetime.

Are there instructions?

Ask Satan; he'll set you up.

--Josh

Sorry that should be "God" (proper noun). Are you trying to make a point or did you not read my referances to christianity and the devil (as far as I know there is only one being refered to as the devil).

Re: ghosts possibly being angels
I should clairify my thoughts. Ghost referes to a dead person's disembodied spirit or soul (they say animals have ghosts too). Dead people do not turn into angels. This is a common misbelief.

Ghosts would only be angels if there was some purpose behind posing as a dead person and blatently lie to the subject about their own nature.

I don't think there is any referance to ghosts (except for the holy ghost/spirit which is not the same as a "ghost") in christianity. There are referances to many other beings that God created along side humans and angels such as levaiathans (in the book of Job, possibly a dinosaur or dragon), and cherubs (not necessarily an angel, see description: ezek 1:5-11, 13, 14 ).

Nope. Can't say I have. But one time in Chicago, I saw a man who danced with his wife.

Actually, yoippari, if you are reading the English King James, "devil" is used in a generic sense, too.
(one possessed with a devil; hath a devil; vexed with a devil; etc)

"I might just come off as an intollerant christian nutjob "

Yup. We don't care about the nutty party, but tolerance would be nice. That means you don't get to pretend that you- or your beliefs- somehow corner truth, and that believing anything else is "wrong". If you do "need" to pretend this, keep it to yourself.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- W. Shakespeare

(Incidentally, there are instances in the Bible that might be considered true ghosts, such as in Mark 9:4, and 1 Sam 28, and no, I have no desire to debate this with you.)

Matthew 22:29

John

Actually, you get to pretend whatever you like. That's the rules, from birth.

Any one who has actually seen Spectre; can they say they've seen a ghost?

munk

Spectre IS pretty white.

Maybe if you got some more sun, Spec.

The bible never actually said "angels" if we want to get picky.
(not in the original Greek or Arameic)

IT used the words "keruvim and cherubim" which were old Egyptian words for "winged messengers" or "people that came from the sky to tell us something."

Sounds like aliens to me. (Im serious about that)

Back