Anybody ever see a GHOST?

We call them ghosts because our existing sciences haven't been able to fathom nor explain the phenomenon existing outside their laws.

In time, perhaps never, when man becomes more enlightened, such phenomenon (ghost-sighting, for example) will be adjudged another happening that exists much like the Black Hole.

Meanwhile, what exists and persists after death is love. Some of these ghost-sightings are more memorable and poignant when dearly departed loved ones try to tell the ones still living that they love them now and forever.

That's about it. Nothing to be afraid about.

pookah

"The pookah takes many forms, but is most famous when he appears as a giant, six-foot white rabbit - which is the form most Americans know from the play and film, Harvey. Whatever form the pookah takes, he retains the special ability of his species, which is like that of Thoth in Egyptian legend, Coyote in Native American myth or Hanuman the Divine Monkey in Hindu lore - he can move us from one universe, or Belief System, into another, and he likes to play games with our ideas about 'reality.'"
From "Cosmic Trigger Volume 2" by Robert Anton Wilson

Diamond Cut II said:
I saw one or two of these a while ago. One sat on the edge of my bed and I forgot what the other one did. Couldn't move when I saw 'em. I later found out it was called sleep paralysis. It was due to sleep deprivation. I keep having instances where I feel awake but distant from my body as if inside and someone's trying to take over. I try to let whatever happen happen but I'm just too freaked to go through with it. I shake my head side to side to move again. It feels like waking up so I guess I'm half asleep and half awake while it's happening.

Thats happened to me a few times. Its scary as hell. Your mind is awake but your body wont move and your senses are still coming up. I HATE that with a passion. Fortunatly its only happened a handfull of times.

That sleep paralysis, or whatever handle you use, is fairly common. As you know, Scientists say you are asleep and have a small awakening before the rest of your equipment comes on.

Any figures are explained by that.

There's a certain island nation where it is believed spirits come and try and kill you. Some bodies are found in bed.

munk

I was never really good at pookah. Whenever I got a good hand my facial expression would give it away. ---Bruise

I dunno, Bruise. I think your avatar has a pretty good pookah face:)

~jake

Danny, I've looked at this from all the perspectives I could find, and in the end, ghosts and spirits, magic and esp, dreams and thoughts come true, have some truth to them all.

I don't worry myself about it. Never saw a ghost.

munk

That's what buddha said, "dont worry about that stuff"

After my grandfather died, he appeared to me and my brother and sister in separate dreams all within a few days of each other.
(we figured this out like a year later)

He scared the piss out of my 38 year old brother. (smiled a creepy smile)

He told my sister "dont cry over me, I aint worth you crying over."

He taught me how to build a birdhouse. He told me it was something he had always wanted to do with me, but he never got around to it.

He didnt appear in my younger sister's dream. She never really knew him.

how very Norse Heathen of him!:D

In The old days of the germanic folks, they felt that tears burdend the soul of the deceased, and that was an easy way for them to say that one should not burden themselves with the loss of a loved one overmuch.

My grandmother called my Dad and his brother late one night, about THREE DAYS AFTER she died in a hospital here in Indy of cancer. Dad said she sounded far away, and said that everything is all right now.

My theory is she gave her god a bit o't the old charm (or stubborness, if the first didn't work;)) so she could make one last call...

She did not appear to me or my bro, but I have felt traces of her here and there...

Keith

I tried but couldn't save an elderly gentleman's life one evening in suburbia.

The firemen took him away. Heard they got a heart beat for awhile but it went away.

That night I was laying in a friend's campershell, just about ready to go to sleep when I thought about the guy. A warm feelng, and happiness suddenly rushed into my thoughts. Yeah, a party was going on in my head. A Reunion. They just stopped by to thank me, and they were gone.

A few days later I made it a point to speak to the widow, to tell her the good news.
"I don't believe in that kind of stuff," she said, and thanked me for the thought.

munk

Okay, a little background. I was living with my parents at the end of college. My grandmother had been pretty sick (heart) and was in a local hospital to get treated. She was basically at the end of her life and all we could do was make her comfortable. She and my grandfather lived about 4 hours away in Pensacole and all she wanted was to go home. She wanted to be at home when she died. That was just not possible, she would never survive the ride.

Anyway, she passed away in our living room on Sunday afternoon.

Forward about a year:

1) I am at home alone (parents out of town and our dogs were at the kennels). I wake up at 2:45 and have a feeling that someone was watching me. I look up from my pillow and see a figure standing at the foot of my bed. All I could do was jump out of bed and head to another room! I stood in the bathroom for about 20 minutes just trying to gather my wits and keep myself from thowing up. The next day, I got the dogs from the kennels. I had one of the dogs sleep upstairs with me that night. 2:45, I wake up to the sound the of growling. The dog growling at the door, facing toward the foot of the bed. Very unnerving! The following night, 2:45, I wake up the find the dog sitting straight up in the bed, staring at herself in the mirror right next to the bed. This happened for two nights.

2) My girlfriend, Samantha, (now my wife) is standing at the back door and feels like someone has come up behind her. She thinks it is me and turns around, no one there.

3) Samantha is upstairs in the bathroom (Jack and Jill style with a separate toilet and shower area). She comes downstairs and asks me what I came upstairs for. I answer that I did not come upstairs. She replies that I heard you walk thought the bathroom. I heard footsteps on the tile! I never went upstairs.

4) My grandfather is staying in my old room and I am supposed to stay in the room with him (my brothers wedding so the house was full). I stayed at Samantha's house along with a couple of my cousins. The next morning, my grandfather asked me what time I came home. I told him I never came back home. He says that I heard you come in the room last night. I heard you opend the door, walk in the room and come next to the bed and then walk out. I never came home.

5) My grandfather got remarried. They were visiting my parents one weekend. My grandfather and my mother were standing in the kitchen and my new grandmother was in the downstairs bathroom (right below the upstairs bathroom). She came into the kitchen and asked what my grandfather had been doing upstairs. He had not been upstairs so she thought that I must have come home but I had not. No one had been upstairs althought she heard footsteps walking up the stairs and in the upstairs bathroom.

6) My mother and I were standing on our deck with the door to the den open when we heard footsteps coming down the stairs and walk into the den. When we looked up there was no one there. We both heard the footsteps.

7) My parents are having a dinner party on the deck. Everyone is outside when on of the guest asks "Who is that in the house?" Of course my parents told him that everyone is on the deck. He said well who was that woman in the pink dress? My grandmother died in a pink nightgown.

8) My brother was in his bedroom and his wife was taking a shower. When she came out of the bathroom he told her thank you and that was very sweet thing she had done. She asks him what he is talking about. Someone had tucked the sheets under him in bed, just like my grandmother used to do.

9) My grandfather was in a downstairs bedroom. He came in the kitchen where my mother was standing and asked if I had come home. My mother told him no. He had heard footsteps upstairs and just knew they were mine. They were not.

10) My wife and I were standing in the kitchen when the door leading from the den to the basement opened and continue to very, very slowly open until it hit the stop on the wall.

11) My wife and I were watching a movie in the house when my parents were out of town (they have a big screen). At the end of the move her Nokia cell phone rang and I picked it up very slowly and showed it to her. You see, we had turned her phone off before the movie and it was still off. The ringing was coming from the back of the house and no one had a Nokia phone but her. We conducted a quick retreat to the car.

I think there may be a few more stories but it is getting late.

As a side note, we said goodbye to her when my parents moved out a couple of years ago.

The next owners of the home were only there for 5 months..... :eek:

You've left someone behind!

If possible, go back by the house, tell her to get in the car, and that you're gonna take her to her home in Pensacola. Or wherever you want to take her. 5 months...she's probably pissed/confused...

If you take this as silliness, please disregard and think no more of it.

Keith

Back