Anybody have the Spec Elite II with Orange Alum handles?

bigolegator

Gold Member
Wondering if anybody has purchased the Orange Alum version of the Spec Elite II Auto and what you think of it? It's a dealer exclusive but not naming here bc I don't believe they are a Forum sponsored dealer.

I just bought one with the satin finish. I have never owned a SOG auto before so im excited to try it out.

Post a pic and let me know what you think of it...I have the black Tini version and carry it regularly.

I did receive it. I love the orange handles and satin blade. However I have already sent it back do to a significant amount of vertical and horizontal blade play.

Damn man sorry to hear that...they have the black blade version for sale as well now.

I got one last week. It is the satin version. The color is actually 'burnt' orange. It is a little darker around the obnoxious 'SOG' logo on the handle, but the logo has sharp edges, which provides additional traction. Like the others, this one is light, has excellent jimping, and the popular deep carry clip. The carry profile is very thin, but so is the AUS8 blade. The blade shape/grind is not very exciting. Mine has a little side to side play, like my other Sogs. No up and down. It is very snappy, and doesn't have the "bounce-back" issue like my Kershaw Launch. I like the safety button. It seems well designed. I wish it had VG-10, but I am glad I made this purchase.

I got one last week. It is the satin version. The color is actually 'burnt' orange. It is a little darker around the obnoxious 'SOG' logo on the handle, but the logo has sharp edges, which provides additional traction. Like the others, this one is light, has excellent jimping, and the popular deep carry clip. The carry profile is very thin, but so is the AUS8 blade. The blade shape/grind is not very exciting. Mine has a little side to side play, like my other Sogs. No up and down. It is very snappy, and doesn't have the "bounce-back" issue like my Kershaw Launch. I like the safety button. It seems well designed. I wish it had VG-10, but I am glad I made this purchase.
Thanks for sharing your experience...could you post a pic? would like to see how it looks in "real life" and not stock photo.

palonej palonej ...post a pic of this model in the wild :thumbsup:
IMG_2649.JPG
Yup! Mine has the tiniest bit of vert and horiz play......the tiniest bit.
The only other thing I'm not crazy about is it gets stuck coming out of the pocket. PITA to get it out.
Otherwise.....real nice knife. Great action, real nice edge and good in hand.
I like it and will be keeping it, after my friend the Big Ole Nasty Gator returns it!!
Joe

View attachment 737330
Yup! Mine has the tiniest bit of vert and horiz play......the tiniest bit.
The only other thing I'm not crazy about is it gets stuck coming out of the pocket. PITA to get it out.
Otherwise.....real nice knife. Great action, real nice edge and good in hand.
I like it and will be keeping it, after my friend the Big Ole Nasty Gator returns it!!
Joe
who me :eek: :D
Yes the scales underneath the clip can be a bit sharp and snag your pocket. They should smooth that out or use a diff back scale.

Back